ASA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Attrition about to pick up.

They're holding off on major announcements 'till after the new year. They don't want massive sick calls during the holidays.

When the big news comes in January, attrition alone will account for about 40-60 pilots a month. Everyone now is waiting, but will bail out when they realize ASA is a dead-end for a career.

TiredOfTeaching said:
ASA deadend? And of what do you speak. And how accurate?

Sorry I shouldn't have editorialized. Let the reader judge:

1) Top 70-99 seat captain pay: 65K @ 90 hrs/month, 12 days off.

2) Upgrades in the 5-8 year range. 2 to 4 years on reserve if aggressive upgrade bid.

3) NO pass benefits except on Skywest. Pay $200/year per card for that.

4) Very poor health insurance coverage....monthly contribution about $300/month.

5) Oppressive work rules: Airport-standby reserve with NO seniority system and NO accountability for junior assignment or extention by schedulers.

6) Choice of domicile: ATL. Great place to live and raise a family.

7) No uniform allowance.

That's how ASA plans to become "competitive."

Papa Woody said:

2) Upgrades in the 5-8 year range. 2 to 4 years on reserve if aggressive upgrade bid.

4) Very poor health insurance coverage....monthly contribution about $300/month.

5) Oppressive work rules: Airport-standby reserve with NO seniority system and NO accountability for junior assignment or extention by schedulers.

7) No uniform allowance.

So umm? Is that all a guess?

Papa Woody said:

7) No uniform allowance.

Man, talk about pulling stuff out of your a$$

Papa Woody relax. The frickin sky is not falling in. EVERYTHING on here is speculation until you read it on MYASA or Flica.

Jungle Prop said:
EVERYTHING on here is speculation until you read it on MYASA or Flica.

Yeah?

Like the TRUTH on MyASA 2 years ago: "historic single largest one-day expansion ever in history" (the DFW expansion in Feb '04). Actually, it was merely a re-deployment of flights from Atlanta to DFW.

......one year later they closed the base.

The sky IS falling!

And this IS true.

Papa Woody said:

7) No uniform allowance.

Don't listen to his sh1t SmartA$$.

1) Top CR7 CA's clear six figures a year. I made a little over 80K last year as a six year CR2 CA. I probably averaged 14-17 days off each month.

2) Most junior CA's: CRJ2 ATL hired 7/16/01
ATR ATL hired 7/30/01
CR7 ATL hired 10/14/99
CR7 SLC hired 12/07/99

Not 5-8 Years.

3) There has not been any official announcement about the upcoming pass benefits.

4) Health coverage is fine. There are plenty of MD's to choose from in ATL. I used to live outside of ATL, and I found enough MD's & Dentist in the plan for my whole family. I pay $145.00/month for myself, my wife, and three children to have medical and Dental. I think I payed $20.00/month for only me, but don't really remember.

5) The work rules do suck, but there is not an airport standby like he said. The work rules REALLY SUCK right now.

6) You can choose ATL or SLC for a domicile.

7) uniform allowance is $15.00/month. It might not be much, but goes to show that Papa Woody has posted false information.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back