ASA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blesko

hey all...have an ASA interview wed/thursday of this week. Anyone know the status of hiring out there? Are they hiring into a class or into a pool? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Saw Joe Mimms yesterday coming in to do interviews. Said he and Stan Knight are doing interviews.

They are still hiring into classes to keep up with growth and attrition. I heard the same as sinca.

Good luck.

Hiring?

I've been on MIL Leave since JUL 04., so I'm out of the loop. But I certainly hope they keep hiring. Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of seniority. I'll see all my friends again Jan or Feb 06.

I have an interview next wed. and thur. Does anyone have any tips on the sim evaluation? Also, any tips on CRM for the sim would be handy as I am still a CFI without that type of experience. And any general ASA interview tips....... Thank you

here's the thing, I was hired by CapeAir for Nov 7 class. If I'm lucky and ASA calls with good news, what to do next?????

Where did they dig Stan Knight up from? He's been outta here for while. They should have line pilots doing pilot interviews. ( and flight attendants as well!)

63% N1 is the key

Smarta$$ said:
I have an interview next wed. and thur. Does anyone have any tips on the sim evaluation? Also, any tips on CRM for the sim would be handy as I am still a CFI without that type of experience. And any general ASA interview tips....... Thank you

Here are some techniques to get you in the ball-park:

Right after take off pitch up to about 10 degrees - then adjust as necessary to maintain the speed they tell you to fly.

To get 250 knots for steep turns, set the fuel flow at about 1100 pounds; it works very closely at any altitude they'll give you in the sim. I honestly don't know if they give you steep turns - but if they do, hold the pitch at about 1.5 to 2 degrees, and just barely bump up the power about 2 to 4% N1 as you roll into the turn. Don't forget to come back on the power and let the pitch pressure out when you roll out of the turn.

On the approach, the pitch setting to maintain the glide slope will be about 2.5 degrees down, with 62 or 63% N1. In the sim, you can maintain that power setting while adding flaps and gear and never touch the power to maintain speed; the airplane will slow as you add drag. The only bubble is trying to maintain altitude while hand-flying and going to flaps 20 - the CRJ will use all that extra lift to climb-climb-climb, and you'll be trying to put it back on altitude;a no big deal if your comfortable in the plane, but it can be confusing for someone who hasn't flown it. If the autopilot is off when you go from flaps 8 to flaps 20, expect the airplane to climb and compensate for it by pushing forward on the yoke for a few seconds. The sim instructor doing the check ride will probably tell you the technique to use - so long as you get back on altitude quickly they won't care.

Typically you'll do 200 - flaps 8 and slow to 180 - turn inbound on the localizer and go to flaps 20 - dot and half low gear down and flaps 30 - glideslope intercept flaps 45. The power should be at 62 or 63% N1 and you won't have to touch it until 100 feet (the airplane will say "ONE HUNDRED") - start squeezing out the power slowly - have it mostly out by the time the altitude countdown starts ("FIFTY - FORTY - THIRTY - TWENTY - TEN"). In the sim, the easiest thing to do is to level the pitch and land. If you try to flare with the nose up you may start climbing again; it's better in the sim just to get it on the ground rather than trying to grease a landing, especially when you aren't familiar with the plane.

Other guys on here can think of other stuff - that's just what comes to mind right now. If you're in a CRJ-700 - disregard this stuff, I don't know anything about that plane.

Be glad you're not taking the sim ride in a Brasillia and getting an engine failure - I almost rolled inverted but still go hired. Good luck.

GO AROUND said:
Saw Joe Mimms yesterday coming in to do interviews. Said he and Stan Knight are doing interviews.

They are still hiring into classes to keep up with growth and attrition. I heard the same as sinca.

Good luck.

Stan Knight! KNIGHTMARE :eek:

Latest resources

Back