Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mark my words.

See what it is a year from now.

The games have not yet begun. Whipsaw is coming in a form so vicious you cannot imagine.

It will NOT be even close to what it is today.

You'll say "Woody was right"

Hiring

I'd like to know why we have 2 old fogies doing the hiring. No offense, but I doubt they have the pulse of the current pilot group. I'd much rather have current line pilots and FA's do the interviews.

Papa Woody said:
See what it is a year from now.

The games have not yet begun. Whipsaw is coming in a form so vicious you cannot imagine.

It will NOT be even close to what it is today.

You'll say "Woody was right"

So you agree with me about your post. It is your speculation, your opinion, and the rest is untruthful. When you post to new hires who I will be flying with in the near future, I would appreciate it if you stated that it is your opinion. You posted that like it was fact. It's not even close to the truth. I don't want some young, bright eyed FO sitting next to me who is all pissed off over the BS you have posted.

Please keep it professional.

Thank you.

I do agree with you 100% that the whipsawing is coming. It has been here for quite some time now. I think we need to come to an agreement with the Skywest pilots, merge and get the best we can for our unified pilot group.

Last edited:
Thank you socrates. I wonder if he has any basis or source for all these predictions or if this is his best guess. Do you know something that we don't know Papa Wood?

Papa Woody

I just found this in another thread you posted

Hahaha....me too! After 4 years, the armpits were yellow. Now, they're brown!!

Been spending my uniform allowance on........beer!

How have you been spending your uniform allowance on beer if you posted in this thread that we don't get one.

Cheers

Just remember, no matter how bad it gets, it IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

WWEfan said:
I'd like to know why we have 2 old fogies doing the hiring. No offense, but I doubt they have the pulse of the current pilot group. I'd much rather have current line pilots and FA's do the interviews.

I completely agree with you on that WWEfan. Those two should be rocking on the front porch by now. I also think we need someone new in charge of FA hiring. Lets get some young hot A$$ in the back of these airplanes, not what we have to work with today.

Cheers

socrates1 said:
How have you been spending your uniform allowance on beer if you posted in this thread that we don't get one.

Cheers
Maybe he didn't check his paycheck closely and it got missed by those super huge wages we earn.

socrates1 said:
Papa Woody

I just found this in another thread you posted

Hahaha....me too! After 4 years, the armpits were yellow. Now, they're brown!!

Been spending my uniform allowance on........beer!

Cheers

Didn't get what....a beer?

I have a few extras! Comon over and we'll drink a few!

P.S. I know we get a uniform allowance now, but I bet 2 Heineken cases it'll be gone in the next contract.

blesko said:
hey all...have an ASA interview wed/thursday of this week. Anyone know the status of hiring out there? Are they hiring into a class or into a pool? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ARE YOU FREAKIN' NUTS?!!!

Read some of the ASA posts on this board and see how "happy" the ASA pilots are. ASA used to be one of the best companies to work for. Now it's one of the worst. Don't believe me? Ask the newhire classes, 50% of which quit monthly and go to CoEx (that is when they even show up).

You WILL spend 2 years on reserve. You WILL be an FO for 4-5 years. You WILL make $19 an hour your first year (that's 17K a year, folks), while being scheduling's biatch. We ARE losing our S3 passes on Delta. Our healthcare costs ARE going up. Did I mention a strike is very likely within the next 6 months to a year?

Yeah, come to ASA. You'll have a GREAT time!

Latest resources

Back