• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA insurance... cost rising again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHATEVER!!!!!!!(In my best valley girl impersenation.)

Au contrair, mosieur! This goes to the heart of all arguements. Benefits are just that, benefits. And when you let the government get involved in it, it turns into a goat fvck.

Some people want to live in America, and turn it into France. Not me!

You can move to Gay ole' Pariee if you like, just leave it over on the other side of the pond when you get tired of the great big social experiment.

Dick Gozinya

Dick, I wasn't talking about the health care debate. I was talking about the ridiculous pissing match that Gator started with John P. about who flies the better airplane, and who works in a better segment of the industry.

But for the record, I agree somewhat with John P. about the health care issue. The government either needs to require all employers to pay for health insurance for their employees, or the government needs to create a universal system. I personally prefer the first method, but the second might have to do. With the cost of health care skyrocketing, and with the constantly shrinking middle class, something has to be done about health care in this country.

Dick, I wasn't talking about the health care debate. I was talking about the ridiculous pissing match that Gator started with John P. about who flies the better airplane, and who works in a better segment of the industry.

But for the record, I agree somewhat with John P. about the health care issue. The government either needs to require all employers to pay for health insurance for their employees, or the government needs to create a universal system. I personally prefer the first method, but the second might have to do. With the cost of health care skyrocketing, and with the constantly shrinking middle class, something has to be done about health care in this country.

Awww, c'mon man. It's been entertaining and enlightening and it's just a matter of time before CFI2766 and JP get so pissed off that they storm off back into the hole from which they emerged.

Seriously, do you really expect all the conversations to be of serious debate, if so, you need to search for another message board. Like I said, this is flightinfo.com. It's a website that was born of the weary and down trodden airline pilots of this country. It has the sole purpose for those to spew their hated or profess their love for how much they hate Gulfstream or how wonderful FedEx is. It is a gatering place so that all of us can exercise our First Amendment rights to tell the rest of the community that J. Orenstein is a scum bag. So that General Lee can hold the record for pissing the most pilots off with his viewpoint. It's been a rocky road and there have been some casualites along the way...we miss you Tina Fey's Scar! We've supported the slow and hanicapped pilots...we miss you too The Guat. But we will survive, we will persevere through all the needless flame and banter that has made this website what it is today. After all, this is America...the greatest country in the world and we should have the right to speak up and voice our opinions no matter how wrong they may sound or whoever they may insult.

U S A, U S A, U S A, U S A!

Govt. run health care is not the answer. Ask yourself how many govt. agencies you enjoy dealing with and how many of them run efficiently..... Look at Veteran health care.... There have been some terrible cases of poor health care in the VA hospitals....

The health care in Canada isn't as good as it is here....

Better solutions...

More Health Savings Accounts with high deductible catastrophic insurance policies.... Makes us more of a consumer....

Ala Carte insurance policies.... You want Chiropratic, Maternity, Vision, etc.... you pay more..... If you don't want it, you pay less.....

If your healthy, you pay less..... If you aren't, you pay more

Tort reform..... that will reduce some of the CYA tests and care.... You can pay for the tests if you want them, but don't give them simply to CYA in the case of a lawsuit.... That costs everyone......

Make health care coverage mandatory.... like auto insurance.... You have to have it unless you fall below a certain income level.... For some that will mean giving up their daily Starbucks and the 35,000 new car every 4 years......

The free market can solve this better than Hillary can....

Sorry Joe, but those things won't solve the problem. People simply can't afford health insurance in this country. The costs are going up at astronomical rates. High deductible HSAs don't help people that can't afford to pay the high deductible. Unhealthy pay more = lots of unhealthy people that need insurance who can't afford it. Reasonable tort reform is always a good idea, but it won't solve this problem. Everyone needs to be insured, and you can't force the poor and lower middle classes to spend what little money they have on health insurance. It needs to either be covered by the employers or by the government.

Govt. run health care is not the answer. Ask yourself how many govt. agencies you enjoy dealing with and how many of them run efficiently..... Look at Veteran health care.... There have been some terrible cases of poor health care in the VA hospitals....

Better solutions...

More Health Savings Accounts with high deductible catastrophic insurance policies.... Makes us more of a consumer....

Ala Carte insurance policies.... You want Chiropratic, Maternity, Vision, etc.... you pay more..... If you don't want it, you pay less.....

Tort reform..... that will reduce some of the CYA tests and care.... You can pay for the tests if you want them, but don't give them simply to CYA in the case of a lawsuit.... That costs everyone......

Make health care coverage mandatory.... like auto insurance.... You have to have it unless you fall below a certain income level.... For some that will mean giving up their daily Starbucks and the 35,000 new car every 4 years......

Wow, this is the most logical thing that has been said on this whole post. Who knew there would be a day I'd agree with Mr. Merchant on something?

Let's add one more piece to the puzzle of American health care: Abolish the AMA. Here's the logic: The certification standards to become a physician are incredibly difficult to obtain. Allow more physicians in the market. More physicians mean more of a supply of the services that physicians provide. This means a lower cost for those of us who are consumers of health care. This is, by the way, the exact same logic behind the airline deregulation act of 1978.

Better solutions...

Greetings..Do you think that health care should be a for profit business? In other words, after insurance companies pay all of their expenses, pay the CEO a fat salary, the employees and other expenses, then they could put any profits towards allowing more people to be able to afford health care. I think this could possibly work.

Greetings..Do you think that health care should be a for profit business? In other words, after insurance companies pay all of their expenses, pay the CEO a fat salary, the employees and other expenses, then they could put any profits towards allowing more people to be able to afford health care. I think this could possibly work.

YES! Health care should be a for profit business. However, it should be a business that is completely controlled by the free market, not one that is artifically constrained by limiting the number of physicians practicing medicine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back