Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

John Pennekamp

I'd rather be here...
BOHICA, ASA pilots. 2008 insurance info is out on ourasa if you dig for it.

Looks like copays are going up to $20 per doctor visit now. It will be $25 for chiropractic.

Prescriptions will now be $10/$25/$40. Of course, 90% of prescriptions are in the highest group. And now there's an "out of network" option where the costs are going to be $25/$50/$80. So much for going to the corner drugstore. Of course you can use their mail order plan for $20/$50/$80 if you don't live near one of their sanctioned drugstores (which I'm sure most of us won't).

Annual out of pocket max:$2150 individual, $6450 family for in network, and $3250/$9750 out of network. Hope your savings are good if anything major happens.

Deductibles (what we have to pay before labs and other procedures are covered): $300 individual. $600 family.

And finally, plan costs:
Individual: $69/month
2-party: $168.50/month
Family: $277/month.

And get this. As for dental, only 50% coverage for "major procedures" including fillings! Yearly cap: $1500. But we do now have orthodontia coverage... at a "whopping" 50%, $750 per year, lifetime $1500. Great when braces cost about $5,000.

Looks like they're sticking it to us again. Keep this in mind when you vote on that new contract. ASA giveth, and ASA taketh away.

Fortunately, WALMART is a participating drugstore. The best part is that pretty much ALL of the tier 1 and even some of the tier 2 are only $4; which means their price is cheaper than our copay.

We've NEVER had orthodontics; done been through that. I recommend between you and your spouse, the one with the straighter teeth be the gene donor on that one.

hope that helps

I wonder why nobody from Comair, Republichataquashuttle, Mesa, Skywest, Air Wisconson, Expressjet, TSA, Colgan, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Big Sky, American Eagle or GoJets ever complains about trivial crap on this board. All this while posting verbatim excerpts from internal company documents.

Are ASA pilots really this attention-deprived? Our raucous internet spokesman John Pennekamp believes so! :crying:

I wonder why nobody from Comair, Republichataquashuttle, Mesa, Skywest, Air Wisconson, Expressjet, TSA, Colgan, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Big Sky, American Eagle or GoJets ever complains about trivial crap on this board. All this while posting verbatim excerpts from internal company documents.

Are ASA pilots really this attention-deprived? Our raucous internet spokesman John Pennekamp believes so! :crying:

Get a life. Do you even work here?

Feel free to skip the posts or put me on your ignore list.

Who's worse, the crybaby who started the thread or the crybaby who cries about the crybaby? Whaaaaaa! Pennekamp's got more attention than me! Whaaaaaaaaaa! :crying:

Oh, and keep in mind, this is only a "summary". Don't make a decision until you see the actual language, lol :laugh:

Mesaba's health coverage is also extremely expensive while meanwhile being quite ineffective. It's amazing the amount of stuff they won't pay for (loophole out). It's part of our wonderful BK enhancement package.

Fortunately, our dental coverage might be a bit better.

Unless you're single and in your 20's to early 30's, health coverage is not a minor thing.

I wonder why nobody from Comair, Republichataquashuttle, Mesa, Skywest, Air Wisconson, Expressjet, TSA, Colgan, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Big Sky, American Eagle or GoJets ever complains about trivial crap on this board.

Medical insurance and it's cost is trivial?

BOHICA, ASA pilots. 2008 insurance info is out on ourasa if you dig for it.

Looks like copays are going up to $20 per doctor visit now. It will be $25 for chiropractic.

Prescriptions will now be $10/$25/$40. Of course, 90% of prescriptions are in the highest group. And now there's an "out of network" option where the costs are going to be $25/$50/$80. So much for going to the corner drugstore. Of course you can use their mail order plan for $20/$50/$80 if you don't live near one of their sanctioned drugstores (which I'm sure most of us won't).

Annual out of pocket max:$2150 individual, $6450 family for in network, and $3250/$9750 out of network. Hope your savings are good if anything major happens.

Deductibles (what we have to pay before labs and other procedures are covered): $300 individual. $600 family.

And finally, plan costs:
Individual: $69/month
2-party: $168.50/month
Family: $277/month.

And get this. As for dental, only 50% coverage for "major procedures" including fillings! Yearly cap: $1500. But we do now have orthodontia coverage... at a "whopping" 50%, $750 per year, lifetime $1500. Great when braces cost about $5,000.

Looks like they're sticking it to us again. Keep this in mind when you vote on that new contract. ASA giveth, and ASA taketh away.

It probably is the same as Skywest.

Medical insurance and it's cost is trivial?

No, but a small rise every year is to be expected. This is America and health care is getting more expensive for EVERYBODY. It is good that we get orthodontic care now, every little bit helps.

And no John Pennekamp, it is not ASA/Skywest's fault that health care gets more expensive every year. Sure, they can cover the extra costs and make less profit, but they are not in business just to make their employees happy. Ask SWA or DAL employees, I bet their health care costs went up too.

I see no reason whatsoever how this ties in with voting on our TA. What are you trying to do with that? There is a reason our MEC says not to get your TA information from non-sanctioned forums such as this one, and that reason is you and others spurting out ill-conceived thoughts just to get others to listen to you!

As for my role, I'm just trying to level the playing field.

NetJets cost for medical insurance to employees.......$0.00

Latest resources

Back