• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA insurance... cost rising again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JP brings up something that is important to many ASA pilots, and the best you can do is ridicule him for it?

Get a life.

All companies have certain costs to bear. Some companies value their employees and want to see them as healthy, productive members of the team. Other companies value their profit margins and see employees as detractors from the bottom line.

Enjoyed the LSU game this weekend...let me see, how did that turn out? :laugh:
So you must be one of those regional types that would sell your family to jumpseat and get passes on the airlines and maybe just someday fly a 757 to have some kind of self worth. Forget the healthcare and QOL issues, you're willing to work for crap wages and get browbeaten by management for years. Have fun with that. Oh and thanks to NetJets I have a life now, the best thing I ever did was leave the regionals and now I have more time to spend with my family with all my time off and that I have HBA rights, excellent company paid for heatlh care, and now it looks like I'm going to be getting paid six figures and I've only been here for 3 years, so I'm sure that you can't relate...but good luck with that and maybe someday you'll see that there is more to this job than just flying a big airliner for a living.

As for the Gator game, as I recall, LSU was behind the whole game and if it weren't for the 2 Florida turnovers, we would have been able to hold on for that last minute of the game. You can thank us for the win, because you sure didn't do it on your own merit or prove to the rest of the country that LSU is the best program in the country.

Wow. Calm down. Just because some guys like to have pass benefits doesn't mean that they think they are more important than health benefits or anything else. I'm glad that NetJets is working out for you. Sounds like a great company. But you don't need to bash guys that like to use their pass benefits.

So you must be one of those regional types that would sell your family to jumpseat and get passes on the airlines and maybe just someday fly a 757 to have some kind of self worth. Forget the healthcare and QOL issues, you're willing to work for crap wages and get browbeaten by management for years. Have fun with that. Oh and thanks to NetJets I have a life now, the best thing I ever did was leave the regionals and now I have more time to spend with my family with all my time off and that I have HBA rights, excellent company paid for heatlh care, and now it looks like I'm going to be getting paid six figures and I've only been here for 3 years, so I'm sure that you can't relate...but good luck with that and maybe someday you'll see that there is more to this job than just flying a big airliner for a living.

As for the Gator game, as I recall, LSU was behind the whole game and if it weren't for the 2 Florida turnovers, we would have been able to hold on for that last minute of the game. You can thank us for the win, because you sure didn't do it on your own merit or prove to the rest of the country that LSU is the best program in the country.

Just wondering, does NetJets make a profit? It's just a glorified corporate job that will end some day.

Guys, the salad days are over. The majors don't even offer long term job security any more. No one that gets into this line of work today is going to enjoy 20+ solid years of bringing home buckets of money. The sooner you come to grips with this the happier you'll be.

CX does not charge pilots for INS either. But you don't have INS when you retire go figure.

No, I think all companies should pay 100% health care costs, period.

Insurance, like pensions, are benefits dreamed up post WWII to get people out of the armed forces and into the private sector. Now that the economics have changed people feel entitled and take no responsibility for their own health and costs of living. There are some things that we should just pay for.

You mentioned nothing about the HSA and High deductible plan which may be interesting.

Wow, really, try decaf.

What I want to earn, and what I value in my career and my life, can't be determined by FI. Or you.

As well, with the superior, holier than thou attitude dispalyed above, I suspect your family kinda wishes you were on the road a bit more. Why don't you come back to the regionals so that someday, if you study really hard, and if luck shines on you, you can be my gear b!tch.

Finally, Florida lost the game because they were not as good as LSU. SCOREBOARD.

Don't worry, President Hillary is going to make health care "free" for everyone..... :rolleyes:

Could not agree more!!! If she gets the white house, we are all, as American citizens and as airline pilots, going to see our overall QOL decrease. She is not the person for the job.

Health care is a BENEFIT!!!!

It costs someone. All the good stuff we receive during negotiations, we had to give up something. We wanted chiropractic, acupuncture, dermatology, lypo suction, rear end implants, and some even foot massages..........

Someone has to pay for all this. That is why it costs us more.

Not to mention all the people who live in gated communities, to keep us out, who want open borders, to let everyone in. Who is going to pay for the emergency room visits because of a cold? Cost shifting.

Don't even bring up the part obout a family of 4 who makes $80,000/yr having their 25 year old children covered by the government.

This is why it costs more. Cost shifting. If you don't like it, get your own. Join the military, where it is all free, or go to Germany and live there. Hell BlackW has another 6 months in Iraq, go make a sh1tpot full of money there and get it all free.

Why would we let Hillary, and her gang of huddlum's run this when the government does absolutely nothing good. Let them run the military and stay away from our healthcare.

There are plenty of options to make life easier for you. Medical savings account, pay for your own(there's a novel idea), or change jobs.

Sitting around bitchin' because the cost has gone up for the care that is exponentially better by the decade is just downright, yea I'll say it, LAZY! Do something about it, quit complaining.

Do us all a favor, go to Europe and quit trying to socialize our country!

Dick Gozinya

Latest resources

Back