• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA In Five Years? Or Even 2.5 Years?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SLI between ASA and ExpressJet just got a whole lot more important.

How so? XJT wants huge contract improvements to a contract that is already one of the most expensive...That won't improve things....

The merger of the seniority list will be huge. Where we all fall on the combined list will determine a lot of who gets what seat and base.

How so? XJT wants huge contract improvements to a contract that is already one of the most expensive...That won't improve things....

No we don't Joe. We just want to have a pay and benefits package that honors the last 6 years of sacrifice. It's not my job to subsidize inept management.

The merger of the seniority list will be huge. Where we all fall on the combined list will determine a lot of who gets what seat and base.

That's hard to say. I can't imagine the SLI resulting in displacements from seats/bases.

That's hard to say. I can't imagine the SLI resulting in displacements from seats/bases.

I guess what I'm thinking about is more of a long term view. When the line is drawn by the company on how many Captains will be needed, somebody may miss an upgrade chance if the merger had gone a bit differently. Somebody may get reserve over a line holder...bases, etc....all that kind of stuff.

No we don't Joe. We just want to have a pay and benefits package that honors the last 6 years of sacrifice. It's not my job to subsidize inept management.

Things have changed in 6 years for XJT...6 years ago, you were the exclusive provider of lift to CAL...That isn't so anymore. If your pissed, then you should be pissed at ALPA and IACP before ALPA for not protecting that leverage...You lost the leverage in the past 6 years and now you compete with everyone else including GoJets...

I compete with no one. I'm here every day to do a job. I expect the company will honor the CBA my union has negotiated. If the company can't manage to pay us what we are worth, then THEY may have to start taking pay cuts to compete; because this guy isn't.

I compete with no one. I'm here every day to do a job. I expect the company will honor the CBA my union has negotiated. If the company can't manage to pay us what we are worth, then THEY may have to start taking pay cuts to compete; because this guy isn't.

Another tough talking idiot....Doesn't your chest hurt from all that beating?

That's what I love about you Joe, you can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling. I guess you win fella.

There are about 30 XJT E145's that are on the chopping block next spring if they don't win new flying....This isn't just a Delta problem...

Correct, which is why I did not count those 30 planes in my original posts. 15 airplanes are up next spring, not 30. Maybe you senior lifers need to take a pay cut and start flying 99 hrs a month so we can be competitive with GoJets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back