• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA In Five Years? Or Even 2.5 Years?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one is worried about you except you. Maybe you should start to budget for $70K a year and prepare for only 11 days off a month. As for this junior pilot, my future prosperity is no longer dependent on flying orbitz passengers around 5 times a day. Good luck.

Heck I'm budgeted for 40k a year and I would encourage EVERYONE to leave below their means in this business with this economy....Did you get out of the biz? What is your future prosperity dependent on now?

One of the most selfish attitudes I have ever seen... If I'm not mistaken, there are some Comair pilots with your level of seniority who are back in the right seat. With that attitude, karma might come back to bite you right in the arse!

Darn right it could happen to me. I see it taking 10 years or so to get to that point at which time I'll be ready to retire if necessary....I'm not being selfish, I'm pointing out that the junior folks will be hurt a lot more than us senior lifers at this point. If I was being selfish, I would just sit back and watch the slow sinking of the Titanic...

The ones who will get hurt the most are actually the ones who are trying to move on....Unless you can check one of the special "boxes", you need to upgrade and get PIC time...

And with you just sitting around making your "living", you have caused half the problem. You talk about YOU having time before the "trouble" comes to YOU cause YOU are so senior and the junior guys being in the trouble. The way it always works with the ASA senior guys is to screw everybody below cause you have made such a life and dependence to be living on a company that requires to live off a company that feeds it (Delta/United).

Either it's time to move on (quit living outside your means) or finally come together and help the fellow employees (senior or junior) out as a whole.

How did I cause this? What do you want me to do?

Losing those 8 CRJ700s, wouldn't that just take us back to the original number of CRJ7s that we had, since we got 8 from Horizon?

Now, losing 6 CRJ2s, that might create some issues...

I just don't want to see anyone get displaced, downgraded, pushed back on reserve, etc.

At five crews per plane that's about 80 guys without a home, atleast we are adequately staffed, until uncle Rico and the Taliban "fix the glitch".

At five crews per plane that's about 80 guys without a home, atleast we are adequately staffed, until uncle Rico and the Taliban "fix the glitch".

What glitch? 5 crews per plane, you can expect that going forward as well. Welcome to the new norm, same as the old norm.

Nobody should be furloughed. XJT needs to stop hiring immediately and start flowing excess ASA pilots that way. ASA Downgrades will probably happen because now XJT has a damn good reason to put fences up. SLI will be very interesting....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back