• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA In Five Years? Or Even 2.5 Years?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct, which is why I did not count those 30 planes in my original posts. 15 airplanes are up next spring, not 30. Maybe you senior lifers need to take a pay cut and start flying 99 hrs a month so we can be competitive with GoJets.

Don't worry about me cybourg....We can have 10 years of cuts like this and I will still be fine...It is many junior people that are going to get hurt...

Ok so basically none of my questions have been answered. *facepalm*

Anybody care to give it a shot?

Lets try and keep this civil...this is not ExpressJet vs ASA...take that elsewhere please and thanks. For the moment we ALL are in a sinking ship.

Ok so basically none of my questions have been answered. *facepalm*

Anybody care to give it a shot?

Lets try and keep this civil...this is not ExpressJet vs ASA...take that elsewhere please and thanks. For the moment we ALL are in a sinking ship.

I'd be curious to see a list of contracts we have and when they are set to expire?

That's what I love about you Joe, you can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling. I guess you win fella.

No, you have it all figured out. But why stop at 6 years of sacrifice? Based on inflation, you should really be making about 250K a year with a 60% FAE pension plan....Isn't that what we should shoot for based on how much has been given up over the years?

Don't worry about me cybourg....We can have 10 years of cuts like this and I will still be fine...It is many junior people that are going to get hurt...

No one is worried about you except you. Maybe you should start to budget for $70K a year and prepare for only 11 days off a month. As for this junior pilot, my future prosperity is no longer dependent on flying orbitz passengers around 5 times a day. Good luck.

Is there much hope left for growth and prosperity?

Will ASA continue to shrink past this recent announcement?

Furloughs and downgrades soon?

Organic Growth unlikely, stagnation probable, downgrades imminent.

My insightful 2 cents were spent on the sales-tax for my Ramen noodle dinner, so I'm afraid that's the best I've got for you.

No, you have it all figured out. But why stop at 6 years of sacrifice? Based on inflation, you should really be making about 250K a year with a 60% FAE pension plan....Isn't that what we should shoot for based on how much has been given up over the years?

And with you just sitting around making your "living", you have caused half the problem. You talk about YOU having time before the "trouble" comes to YOU cause YOU are so senior and the junior guys being in the trouble. The way it always works with the ASA senior guys is to screw everybody below cause you have made such a life and dependence to be living on a company that requires to live off a company that feeds it (Delta/United).

Either it's time to move on (quit living outside your means) or finally come together and help the fellow employees (senior or junior) out as a whole.

One of the most selfish attitudes I have ever seen... If I'm not mistaken, there are some Comair pilots with your level of seniority who are back in the right seat. With that attitude, karma might come back to bite you right in the arse!

Every airline has a Gen. Lee....

-Apologies, folks-our is acting up again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back