• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA IAD base confirmed: Senior?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SH foreshadowed displacements rather than the more senior people bidding over. Anyone have any educated hunches as to whether IAD will be going senior or junior?
He said it will be a vacancy/displacement bid. 30 F/O vacancies will open up in IAD, and 30 F/O seats will disappear from ATL (therefore "displacements"). Same for captains. It should be in seniority order, so everyone will put their bids in, and the computer will sort it all out. What this means to me, though, (and I could have this all wrong) is that there is the definite possibility that F/Os who are senior to the current most junior CR2 captain could take the captain vacancy in IAD, and leave the bottom captain being displaced to the right seat; meanwhile conceivably a more junior CR7 captain would be untouched.

It would create a bit of a mess since this is different than a new base due to expansion. I feel for any more captain downgrades that might occur, due to an FO deciding that now is the time to upgrade. Someone please correct me if I've got this wrong.

I think it will be sort of like how the 700 list is now. Pretty senior on top half then extremely junior on the bottom half. I'm packing my bags already for the displacement....

He said it will be a vacancy/displacement bid. 30 F/O vacancies will open up in IAD, and 30 F/O seats will disappear from ATL (therefore "displacements"). Same for captains. It should be in seniority order, so everyone will put their bids in, and the computer will sort it all out. What this means to me, though, (and I could have this all wrong) is that there is the definite possibility that F/Os who are senior to the current most junior CR2 captain could take the captain vacancy in IAD, and leave the bottom captain being displaced to the right seat; meanwhile conceivably a more junior CR7 captain would be untouched.

It would create a bit of a mess since this is different than a new base due to expansion. I feel for any more captain downgrades that might occur, due to an FO deciding that now is the time to upgrade. Someone please correct me if I've got this wrong.

You have the super seniority that protects the guys currently in the left seat as well as the guys that were displaced. They all get first crack at this. I don't believe they can push anyone back to the right seat unless they refuse the displacement to IAD. Probably will be messy though.

A ORD base would be great. Are you Skywest guys going to get your panties in a bundle if this happens?

I think we can keep our panties straight if you get an ORD base. :)

Welcome to United and, compared to Delta, is a strange universe. Just make sure all of you folks understand the MST and STAR procedures! Don't doddle during a crew swap!

How about -700 slots. If -700 people want to bid -200 spots in IAD, is the company allowing it?

Absolutely. Anytime a new base is opened, there's no seat lock. A few guys bid LAX just to get off the 70 and back on the 50...

Trojan

like y'all did in the ATL?

In a word, no.

Well- If they were furloughing from your side and we were flying in and out of SLC all the time, you might find yourself feeling a bit different.

-Skynation-You are once again proving yourself to be a total jackass!

Well- If they were furloughing from your side and we were flying in and out of SLC all the time, you might find yourself feeling a bit different.

-Skynation-You are once again proving yourself to be a total jackass!

I've talked to 4 Skywest pilots since the announcement was made....ALL 4 congratulated ASA on getting this United flying and hoped we got more...

Can we stop the attacks on our fellow Skywest pilots crj567?

Latest resources

Back