Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
Well SH took away any doubt that we will open up another base for maybe more than a few months. IAD with the possibility of an ORD base shortly thereafter (oh my god PLEASE).

SH foreshadowed displacements rather than the more senior people bidding over. Anyone have any educated hunches as to whether IAD will be going senior or junior?

Well SH took away any doubt that we will open up another base for maybe more than a few months. IAD with the possibility of an ORD base shortly thereafter (oh my god PLEASE).

SH foreshadowed displacements rather than the more senior people bidding over. Anyone have any educated hunches as to whether IAD will be going senior or junior?

I know 1 dude who commutes from BWI, he's relatively senior on the FO side. Another dude I know of commutes from LGA, he may bid IAD and he's relatively senior on the FO side. I don't really know of any Captains commuting in from the NorthEast or MidAtlantic...

Add 1 more FO commutes in from PHL.....Relatively senior...

Trojan

Last edited:

Being a new base I think they have to open it up in seniority order.

Considering the relatively small size of the base, I'm guessing it will go fairly senior. Between the northeast commuters and the anywhere-but-Atlanta crowd, I doubt they'll have to displace pilots.

Neither base would be attractive. No idea what the commute would be like from NE cities to either possible domicile. I bet it will be the junior folks. Half of the bottom list of the 70 and half of the bottom of the 50. Maybe with a small mix of senior pilots. Only 60 pilots; not much. Maybe UA will like us so much they will use all 20 of our planes. Reduce the herd in ATL and drive the line values back up for both bases.

Latest resources

Back