• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA IAD base confirmed: Senior?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've talked to 4 Skywest pilots since the announcement was made....ALL 4 congratulated ASA on getting this United flying and hoped we got more...

Can we stop the attacks on our fellow Skywest pilots crj567?

I am just saying.....

Some people around the ATL are unhappy to see all the SKYW 50 seaters showing up here with people on the street. I don't hold it against the pilots, but it ain't too hard to see that we are totally being played.

-If you would pull your head out of that silly RJDC rabbit hole for a while, maybe you would notice these things.

Last edited:
like y'all did in the ATL?

In a word, no.

Sorry dude but we have a lot of guys on the street and the general feeling is is sucks seeing Skywest flying 50s in ATL while they are unemployed. If it weren't for that factor, Skywest would be much more welcome. I would expect you guys to have the same resentment toward us if we had moved into your bases while you had pilots on furlough!

Overall, who knows what is going to happen. I would say everybody but the most senior people will have there lives change somewhat. Don't forget, I don't think it will just be the NE people that bid it, think of all of the people that commute from difficult cities like DFW. While it might be slightly longer flight, it would probably be easier than having to deal with the DL people. Those people are generally more senior.

I'm sure we will get plenty of volunteers for the captain slots in IAD. Not so much for the FO's.

He said it will be a vacancy/displacement bid. 30 F/O vacancies will open up in IAD, and 30 F/O seats will disappear from ATL (therefore "displacements"). Same for captains. It should be in seniority order, so everyone will put their bids in, and the computer will sort it all out. What this means to me, though, (and I could have this all wrong) is that there is the definite possibility that F/Os who are senior to the current most junior CR2 captain could take the captain vacancy in IAD, and leave the bottom captain being displaced to the right seat; meanwhile conceivably a more junior CR7 captain would be untouched.

It would create a bit of a mess since this is different than a new base due to expansion. I feel for any more captain downgrades that might occur, due to an FO deciding that now is the time to upgrade. Someone please correct me if I've got this wrong.

you do have it wrong. Section 24.G.2
a. Captains and first officers may displace:
1. The most junior pilot in the same category in the system, or if
unavailabe, then
2. A more junior pilot in the same status in another aircraft type in
the current domicile, or, if unavailable, then
3. The most junior pilot in the same status in another aircraft type in
the system
any displaced 200 Capt. can displace a 700 Capt. who is junior.

Absolutely. Anytime a new base is opened, there's no seat lock. A few guys bid LAX just to get off the 70 and back on the 50...

Trojan

Is this true? I read through the Filling of Vacancies section and I didn't see any mention of domicile changes. I'm locked until the summer supposedly.

Sorry dude but we have a lot of guys on the street and the general feeling is is sucks seeing Skywest flying 50s in ATL while they are unemployed. If it weren't for that factor, Skywest would be much more welcome. I would expect you guys to have the same resentment toward us if we had moved into your bases while you had pilots on furlough!

when did you guys furlough, and when did we establish an ATL base? seems that the latter happened first, and plenty of chest thumping, crying and complaining went on here on these boards. we got the dirty looks in the ATL right away as well. maybe it's just the ridiculous humidity there makes everyone pissy.

welcome to UEX, IAD and ORD to all y'all!

Skywest flies for United??

Crap!!!

Scabs took our (ASA) jobs!!!

Chrome won't let me emoticon this thing...so insert your best guess please!!!

Latest resources

Back