• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA grapevine..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correction! Had one of the best. After mang gets through gutting it, it will only be a shadow of its fprmer self! As for those boys in the glass house @ 100 Hartsfield, they either don't have a clue what is like to fly the line or have just forgot what it is like. Lets be realistic about this, to mang it is a numbers game. The better they can make us look, the better their job security. I don't think they give a rats ASSA about anything else.

The 200 on final and on speed will be around 2.5 degrees below the horizon and the 700, same conditions, is usually right on the horizon.

Well, I haven't flown in about 20 days, but I think it is a little more than 2.5 degrees ND on the 200. All you have to do to see the difference is look at one of each on final. Also, do you REALLY want to be responsible for all the limitations (all from memory) that we have to know for BOTH types? If they trained and cheched differently then it wouldn't be that bad, but to know both, all from memory, would be a serious PITA.

I don't see the problem of flying both, but not at the same pay scale. It is an airplane, and we are pilots. I personally know a man who flew both F4U's and P-80's in Korea. Now how could that get much different? What is the difference in flying an RJ at work and going home and getting in a Pitts or J-3.

What is the difference in flying an RJ at work and going home and getting in a Pitts or J-3.

Maybe that every 6 months you don't have to recite 21 pages of limitations
on your J-3 or Pitts.

Are you kidding me? It's a ********************_in airplane, you not knowing the difference is apparently the problem.

goahead and pull your know it all head out of your know it all a$$. How much time do you have on both aircraft? We own flying each aircraft with separate lines why should we just give it to management because they now have decided they want it for nothing. When you start carrying two sets of manuals and additional Jepps you will be pissing and moaning about that.

Last edited:
goahead and pull your know it all head out of your know it all a$$. How much time do you have on both aircraft? We own flying each aircraft with separate lines why should we just give it to management because they now have decided they want it for nothing. When you start carrying two sets of manuals and additional Jepps you will be pissing and moaning about that.

Roger that; head is out of asz, I have about 1300 on the 70 and 1200 on the 50. Ofcourse pay and training are a given. I'm not saying we should GIVE it to them at all, god no. I'm just saying it's something so simply to give to get something they won't give us now like money or an extra two days a month etc.....

Roger that; head is out of asz, I have about 1300 on the 70 and 1200 on the 50. Ofcourse pay and training are a given. I'm not saying we should GIVE it to them at all, god no. I'm just saying it's something so simply to give to get something they won't give us now like money or an extra two days a month etc.....

So before it was un safe to operate both aircraft but now if you get extra pay and rigs it's OK.

OK.......

Latest resources

Back