ASA grapevine..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rausda27

A friend doing his displacement groundschool heard a couple good ones today..

1. We have just aquired 6 new ACA (GECAS) CRJ-200's
2. They are running a new hire clas right now (S.H. apparently was in the class talking about the fact that there are no plans for any new hire classes and the ground instructor chimed in and said he was teaching one this week)
3. 5-10 Captain vacancies on the 700 in December (he is in 50 seat GS now due to being displaced off the 70)

Yeah I heard the new hire class was needed to cover all the attrition and also the displaced fo's from the 200 to the 700. But I heard it was starting first week of November.

SO any bets on how many more CR2 CA will get the displaced notice effective in Jan? Should be out in the first few weeks of Nov. I would think.

A friend doing his displacement groundschool heard a couple good ones today..

1. We have just aquired 6 new ACA (GECAS) CRJ-200's
2. They are running a new hire clas right now (S.H. apparently was in the class talking about the fact that there are no plans for any new hire classes and the ground instructor chimed in and said he was teaching one this week)
3. 5-10 Captain vacancies on the 700 in December (he is in 50 seat GS now due to being displaced off the 70)

I had also heard that there is a new hire class in progress (from 2 sources)! I believe Indoc started sometime in September.

In a class of CR2 differences (coming from CR7) (Nov. awards) this week Mike Mclain told them to keep their CR7 materials. Who knows whats next.

In a class of CR2 differences (coming from CR7) (Nov. awards) this week Mike Mclain told them to keep their CR7 materials. Who knows whats next.

Yeah, they worry about a few dollars/hour that we are asking for, yet they piss money away like it's a race. And then they can't figure out why the pilot group is upset.

Yeah I heard the new hire class was needed to cover all the attrition and also the displaced fo's from the 200 to the 700. But I heard it was starting first week of November.

I'm certain that there is no new hire class in progress, but there is one starting the first full week of November. It is purely for attrition, and the makeup is said to be 2 ATR, 14 CRJ -200, with the likely possibility of the RJ new hires going to LAX. The 2 ATRs are not confirmed, but are on the table.

Certain that the new guys will go to L.A.? I'm positive that I don't want to go to L.A...

Latest resources

Back