• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA furloughs 80 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We signed the contract and stabilized costs.
We conserve significant amounts of fuel.
We turned around the company's operational performance.
We are number 1 in customer satisfaction among Delta Carriers.
We busted our asses.

They have increased the costs of our medical benefits while decreasing the coverage.
They have shrunk our fleet.
They increased our dues for non-rev travel.
Now they want to lay off our employees.

What's next? What else can we do for you?

It could have been much worse had this company not turned the corner on operational performance.

Coverage? It looked about the same to me. Haven't you noticed costs going up for about...... The last twenty years? The company can't eat everything.

ASA didn't want to shrink the fleet. Considering the current economic environment, I'd say we've done rather well considering our average seniority. Thank DAL for the cuts in block hours.

I doubt ASA has happily gone along with the non rev fares increases. Thank DAL for rates being upped.

As Texx mentioned, they've been trimming in the GO for some time now. So far as the pilots go, what else can the company do? They've gone out on a limb a considerable distance trying not to do this.

All guys getting furloughed, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully this is just a short term deal but at least you can know you'll coming back to a company that is healthy despite what you read on this board.

It's official this time. Best of luck to those affected. It effects everyone, but of course, much more those who are furloughed.

Hopefully it will be short term. And hopefully it will become apparent soon that we need these pilots back.....

Official source please?

We signed the contract and stabilized costs.
We conserve significant amounts of fuel.
We turned around the company's operational performance.
We are number 1 in customer satisfaction among Delta Carriers.
We busted our asses.

They have increased the costs of our medical benefits while decreasing the coverage.
They have shrunk our fleet.
They increased our dues for non-rev travel.
Now they want to lay off our employees.

What's next? What else can we do for you?

ASA Management: How big is your spincter?

Crews: What the?!?!?!? What kind of a question is that?

ASA Management: laughing like Dr. Evil and pinkie in mouth: You'll find out, just like the other 80.

Sorry guys. Hope the best for those effected.

Chief Pilots and management. They made phone calls this morning. Nothing official on OurASA or anything.

Any mention of downgrades yet?

The company handled this very poorly. There are better ways to prepare people for layoff. The communications from management during the last few months did not indicate a sudden and abrupt furlough notification was imminent. Same old pricks...

Ah crap! To anyone affected I give my thoughts.

Life on the outside kinda sucks...:crap:

The company handled this very poorly. There are better ways to prepare people for layoff. The communications from management during the last few months did not indicate a sudden and abrupt furlough notification was imminent. Same old pricks...

Lets see..Company offers LOAs and COMA lines, for up to a year, for the last 5 months. Then offers 1/2 COMA lines last week. The economy is bad and every other industry is putting people on the street. You couldn't see it coming? IMO, the company tried to reduce the collateral damage. Did the union reach out and wave a flag about this?

Last edited:

(Accidentally hit submit before I had finished...)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back