• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA furloughs 80 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any thoughts on the 4th quarter profits? 80 pilots seems like an extreemly small drop-in-the-bucket with $700M in the bank and profitable quarters. Will this reduction really help ASA (the company)?

I am fairly pissed right now.

The best time is right after I draw a hot bubble bath, turn on some Barry White, and soap up my undercarriage.

Oh...Furloughs. But you know what? We can all stop bending over now. Because here comes management with the coup de grâce...around the fleshy corner with ASA's own version of a DIRTY SANCHEZ!

BEHOLD! THE DOWNGRADES! (coming soon)

Now thats funny.

I will personally take a very dim view of anyone picking up open time with Acey guys/gals out on the street. I dunno if this might be a ProStandards issue, or, one of simple common sense, but NO open time. Don't do it. On this subject, it is not just a matter of business; the folks out on the street are pilots. No one will take care of pilots but pilots.

You want pilots to donate to the pilots on the street BUT you don't want them to increase their flying to help pay for the guys on the street? Am I understanding you correctly?

Any thoughts on the 4th quarter profits? 80 pilots seems like an extreemly small drop-in-the-bucket with $700M in the bank and profitable quarters. Will this reduction really help ASA (the company)?

I am fairly pissed right now.

Just with min guarantee, you'll see $138K a month. Once you figure in taxes and benefits, the cost goes even higher. When you start figuring in the min line costs vs having less guys with high block, the costs really get out of whack then. When you start talking a million bucks over a few months in this environment, a company does what it has to to keep money in the bank.

You want pilots to donate to the pilots on the street BUT you don't want them to increase their flying to help pay for the guys on the street? Am I understanding you correctly?

If he is a logical person, yes.

Someone should start publishing who is picking up open time.

So sorry if I'm cheap to you. Do you have a wife and kids, house payment, credit cards, etc etc...Sorry if you are so rich, maybe if you are so much better off than me perhaps you can pay my $50 and make everyone happy.
Well lets see, Wife, three kids, two car payments, two mortgages, credit cards and other debt, plus I have been on reserve now for 1.5 years and hve never broken 75 hours as a captain. How about you, do you and your family eat out atleast once a month? Go to a movie? Not trying to call you out, but to say you can't give 50 bucks to a guy that just lost his job is pretty pathetic. And as far as picking up open time, no you should not. Its called shared sacrafice. If the company can cover all of the flying because people are picking up open time then there is no reason to recall. If you pick up open time you should have your name on a wall and given to all the FO's on furlough. Nobody likes where we are right now, this is a new area for ASA. Lets try to show some respect to the guys that just got life altering news and atleast pretend like you are supportive.

Well lets see, Wife, three kids, two car payments, two mortgages, credit cards and other debt, plus I have been on reserve now for 1.5 years and hve never broken 75 hours as a captain. How about you, do you and your family eat out atleast once a month? Go to a movie? Not trying to call you out, but to say you can't give 50 bucks to a guy that just lost his job is pretty pathetic. And as far as picking up open time, no you should not. Its called shared sacrafice. If the company can cover all of the flying because people are picking up open time then there is no reason to recall. If you pick up open time you should have your name on a wall and given to all the FO's on furlough. Nobody likes where we are right now, this is a new area for ASA. Lets try to show some respect to the guys that just got life altering news and atleast pretend like you are supportive.

And what are they gonna do with the names?

Latest resources

Back