• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA furloughs 80 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While you are drinking your Koolaid... Management should have used language such as. "Furloughs are highly likely" or "Furloughs should be expected in January". Instead of weak and nebulous suggestions that the economy is bad. I wonder how long ASA management knew this coming. If they found out last week, that is understandable, but I suspect this decision was made many weeks ago. For furloughed pilots, it's like a disease. The earlier they know the condition, the more time they have to prepare and recover from it. I could care less about your fat asses, sitting around all cozy while gainfully employed.

I take it that your on the list of 80?

Anyone affected by this furlough be advised that if you have sick time accrued, it does not pay out on 2/9... you lose it... straight from the mouth of DG during my "personal" phone call.

cough... I've got about 22 hours according to my last pay stub... cough.

Vacation, OTOH, will pay out.

While you are drinking your Koolaid... Management should have used language such as. "Furloughs are highly likely" or "Furloughs should be expected in January". Instead of weak and nebulous suggestions that the economy is bad. I wonder how long ASA management knew this coming. If they found out last week, that is understandable, but I suspect this decision was made many weeks ago. For furloughed pilots, it's like a disease. The earlier they know the condition, the more time they have to prepare and recover from it. I could care less about your fat asses, sitting around all cozy while gainfully employed.

Just a few points, if they had used this language, I would wager that more people would have been upset, why it being Christmas and all. Then the complaint would have been "those cold hearted bastards." Unfortunately, they were still negotiating the 900's, and that probably meant the numbers were still up in the air. I still think they've handled this well.

BTW, not to be the grammar police, but I think you meant you could not care less... Anyway, the village called, they're looking for you...

There is never a "good" or "better" time to tell someone that they will be furloughed. The company worked w/ ALPA to try and minimize this and hold off as long as possible. The final numbers couldn't have been known before they knew how many would take the coma lines and LOAs. We all knew that ASA couldn't continue operating with the number of excess crewmembers we had. My hope is that this period will be brief and we will have everyone back on property soon.

Thank you for the grammar correction. I did mean to say that "I couldn't care less about cozy fat asses" in that one reference. Grammar corrections are always appreciated.

Hey Sunlit....why don't you log off of here, go cool off a bit, and come back when you're not in the mood to be a dick.

OK, I am gonna go have a drink. I'll leave you guys to talk about all of your exciting male encounters in the men's restroom...Adios

Latest resources

Back