• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA furloughs 80 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm thinking people are going to pick up open time no matter how much you guys want to argue about it. Everyone has their reasons. As for me, I'll leave the open time pot alone til the 80 return, which is tough since I'm usually a whore for building my lines up. Times are tough, and we'll all feel the pinch in some way, unfortunately some more than others.

Truth.

If you do not pick up open time, you save the company money because they will give it to an idle reserve who is being paid anyway. You play right into management's hands by refusing to pick up open time.

The only time this will not be true is when all of the reserves are going over guarantee. Don't pick up open time when it gets to that point!

But for now, you should help yourself.

This has been the most compelling arguement yet!

Uh............................ an idle reserve can pick up open time, and at most places, that is paid over guarantee at time and a half.

Not sure how that doesn't cost a company more money?

Uh............................ an idle reserve can pick up open time, and at most places, that is paid over guarantee at time and a half.

Not sure how that doesn't cost a company more money?

If that was ASA, I'd be bidding reserve, picking up open time and making a killing (if there was any to get).

I'm thinking people are going to pick up open time no matter how much you guys want to argue about it. Everyone has their reasons. As for me, I'll leave the open time pot alone til the 80 return, which is tough since I'm usually a whore for building my lines up. Times are tough, and we'll all feel the pinch in some way, unfortunately some more than others.

Well said. Fear not Nuge, I will pick up a few tabs on my recurrent visit to ATL to make up for your open time sacrifice!

Cheers- Rum

Well said. Fear not Nuge, I will pick up a few tabs on my recurrent visit to ATL to make up for your open time sacrifice!

Cheers- Rum

Sweet! I've been training for your come back to ATL by hitting up every bar in the Highlands this past week. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with your superior drinking ability. :beer:

Latest resources

Back