• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/expressjet & skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fire them quickly!!!!!! It is a poor negotiation tactic to box one selves into only one outcome.

I think its more of a matter of trying to get our contract honored. There is no sense in not even trying and if it doesnt work then, off to plan b.

I don't have a real fight in this deal, except that I have a FEW friends over at XJT, but it seems pretty clear... ASA is a separate airline operating under a separate certificate ... I don't get it... It is seems clear... I am confused - would want stability...

Good luck though... Hope it turns out well...

Not so clear when you read the scope clause in the XJT contract. The intent is really clear and is precisely why SKW didn't buy XJT two years ago. If I was SKW management, I would want stability as well. This is definitely 180 degrees from that!

Because you get what you want, even if the majority of pilots want PBS? It was voted on, and passed...by a large majority.

But your large majority is now the minority once a ratification vote of the JCBA is put out.

Exactly how would senority lists be merged with a non union labour group? Just like that? A union and non-union pilot in the same cockpit?

It would be negotiated with their management. Then there would be a representational vote afterward.

There is no way that this deal was done without the XJet MEC atleast given a hypothetical "what if we bought you guys" talk from Jerry and/or Brad. Skywest, Inc counsel might of advised Jerry and Brad that this deal can be done with a merger with ASA and not Skywest and will hold up in court if contested but I'm sure Skywest, Inc wanted to gauge the reaction from the MEC to hear any objections and concerns that Skywest, Inc/ASA hadnt thought of that could hinder the deal. I'm also sure the the ASA MEC was consulted about it in a small way too.

The MEC said yesterday in an email that they will meet with SKW management soon. Made it sound like nothing substantial had been discussed. But I think JA was well aware the the MEC wasn't going to take this laying down and he is prepared for anything.

No we just have a MEC that was bought by the company to Ram(sell) this turd down our throat with the promise from Chris M. that if we "don't wake up and smell the coffee, INC. will shrink us to nothing along with our jobs". Management 101. I hope XE has a better MEC and get rid of this thing.

Let's hope Cash and the gang get their heads on straight since they wont be bumping elbows with Semak and folks in the training department. If there was any chance for Cash to shine, now would be the time.

Guess what, after yesterday ASA is now the minority. they have a much larger group who hates PBS. The fences if made will keep them out of our bases and larger aircraft for a little while but that will end and there will be a lot of change here. I welcome the new mix of people into our system and look forward to what they bring to the table.

You never know. The majority of them may love it. The only way we will ever know is a vote, which isn't going to happen.

The fact is that you may come to love PBS once it is on property. I think most of the people who hate it now are just afraid of change. The change to a more advanced way of bidding is welcome, in my book.

to merge / not to merg

You never know. The majority of them may love it. The only way we will ever know is a vote, which isn't going to happen.

The fact is that you may come to love PBS once it is on property. I think most of the people who hate it now are just afraid of change. The change to a more advanced way of bidding is welcome, in my book.

1. No pbs.
2. One list skw xjt asa.
3. Our contract.

pbs benefits management NOT pilots
One list would make us strong
Our contract, ( no 70 / 90 ) is very good
When they say re-fleet xjt I say ???

1. No pbs.
2. One list skw xjt asa.
3. Our contract.

Yes to all, but the PBS. Give it some time at ASA before deciding on that one. Ours really is apples and oranges to other systems.

If it turns out to suck, we would really like some help getting rid of it, or making improvements.:rolleyes:

1. No pbs.
2. One list skw xjt asa.
3. Our contract.

1 isn't going to happen. It is already incoming. The only way it is going away is the next negotiation. The fact is we have an industry leading PBS package, and we should give it a shot before throwing it out. It will both benefit the pilot group and management, and that isn't a bad thing. Management is NOT the enemy folks. They keep us getting a paycheck, and our management is a good one, for the most part.

2 isn't going to happen either. ASA is buying Xjet, not Skywest. Yes, one list would make us strong, but that has been true since 2005.

3 may be a possibility, but not until negotiation for the next contract.

Bull & Lifsh*tz, LLP Announces Investigation of the Acquisition of ExpressJet Holdings, Inc.

"LIFSH*TZ" .......REALLY!!!!! FI WON'T EVEN LET ME POST THE GUYS NAME WITHOUT MODIFICATION!!!:laugh:

Management could take PBS, but at what cost? It saves them money, why would they? Its a give and take...

uh oh

1 isn't going to happen. It is already incoming. The only way it is going away is the next negotiation. The fact is we have an industry leading PBS package, and we should give it a shot before throwing it out. It will both benefit the pilot group and management, and that isn't a bad thing. Management is NOT the enemy folks. They keep us getting a paycheck, and our management is a good one, for the most part.

2 isn't going to happen either. ASA is buying Xjet, not Skywest. Yes, one list would make us strong, but that has been true since 2005.

3 may be a possibility, but not until negotiation for the next contract.

1. WRONG ! pbs does not benefit pilots! (once you see what we can do without pbs, you'll wonder, like us, why you ever let it happen?). xjt pilots are adamant about NO pbs

2. Don't be delusional, asa has no cash, it's the holding company, skywest, that will use asa to make the purchase and our scope defines that.

3. The contract is up as soon as the merger starts? I hope everyone at asa isn't like this or we'll all be in trouble!

4. Let the past dictate the future here! How can jerry have a deal inked with cal/ual already without this deal being done? cal already reduced our cost, (pay) last time using skywest what makes anyone think it's different this time around? asa will not get a pay raise by merging with xjt! xjt will get a worse contract and lower pay, effectively lowering the bar for everyone. We need to keep our eye on the ball here people.

Latest resources

Back