• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA encouraging resignations???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm shocked... what is going on over there? I find it hard to believe some of the 18+ guys would just walk away..

They're giving our employee parking to PAX so it'll take us around 25min (assuming we catch the first bus) to get to work once we're actually there, they're apparently dropping our pass rider seniority so a new hire Delta ramper's kid can bump us, our mgmt has basically come out and said "F_CK YOU" to all of us with any seniority by publicly welcoming our resignations, we've been in negotiations for over 4.5 yrs and we're now watching our flying get transferred to "blue light special airlines" (ExpressJet not included -- they deserve it) so our mgmt can pocket an extra buck, our schedules continue to deteriorate, and last but not least, the "team players" have been out numbered by all the 200hr wonders that couldn't give 2 sh_ts about improving our wages or gaining any other long-term contract goals!

We've all been hearing for years that the sky is falling, but unfortunately I think that time has just about arrived! In our current state, I give this place a 50% chance of even existing in a few years -- only time will tell!

Se la vi! Show me the money, and then BURN IT DOWN! :bomb:

I know, I know... :rolleyes: but you asked!

They're giving our employee parking to PAX so it'll take us around 25min (assuming we catch the first bus) to get to work once we're actually there, they're apparently dropping our pass rider seniority so a new hire Delta ramper's kid can bump us, our mgmt has basically come out and said "F_CK YOU" to all of us with any seniority by publicly welcoming our resignations, we've been in negotiations for over 4.5 yrs and we're now watching our flying get transferred to "blue light special airlines" (ExpressJet not included -- they deserve it) so our mgmt can pocket an extra buck, our schedules continue to deteriorate, and last but not least, the "team players" have been out numbered by all the 200hr wonders that couldn't give 2 sh_ts about improving our wages or gaining any other long-term contract goals!

We've all been hearing for years that the sky is falling, but unfortunately I think that time has just about arrived! In our current state, I give this place a 50% chance of even existing in a few years -- only time will tell!

Se la vi! Show me the money, and then BURN IT DOWN! :bomb:

I know, I know... :rolleyes: but you asked!

Makes me sad in a way... I spend some good years at ASA back from 1998-2001 and flew with a lot of those old timers on the E120 and CRJ before I upgraded on the ATR.. and really like most all of them.. I hope they do ok with what is happening over there.

I am off to DAL and there are about 30 others that are right behind me. The guys and gals that are leaving are in the seven plus year range all the way up to double digit seniority number. Most will move up over 100 numbers this year.
This place is sinking fast. Why do you think that our "leaders" want you to leave?
Simply, it is less money that they will have to pay out on severance when the doors of this place are close. That or it helps them shrink this place to where it is going well still hiring cheaper labor.

Initials of the double digit guys? I can't believe some of them are going. Last one out please turn the lights off.

congrats

...Some one asked earlier...

I'm headed to Jet Blue...:beer:

Congrats Headfake and welcome aboard. All the ASA guys I've met have been great. I think you'll like it here. We have our issues too, but at least its not the "portfolio concept", RFP whipsaw every other week. Get-r-dunn!

Why do you think that our "leaders" want you to leave?
That or it helps them shrink this place to where it is going well still hiring cheaper labor.

When a company is making approx 40 mil a year and your mid management is telling you to leave, it's not because the doors are going to close. They want to cut loose with the pilots that have been here awhile to bring in the lower paid ones. It makes them more money. Bigger bonus and more stock options.

It's all an illusion.

When a company is making approx 40 mil a year and your mid management is telling you to leave, it's not because the doors are going to close. They want to cut loose with the pilots that have been here awhile to bring in the lower paid ones. It makes them more money. Bigger bonus and more stock options.

It's all an illusion.

Yeah, except when 40% of the attrition is from the right seat...

There are a lot of guys leaving with Double Digit seniority numbers.
CM is one that has let everyone know, so has JA. He is a 70 Cap't with 18+ yrs that is going to SWA too. There are more, but they have not given notice yet.

Again, it's not only ASA but Skywest, Eagle and all the rest of regionals are losing similar amounts of pilots due to the majors and fractionals hiring pilots. The sky is not falling here at ASA, just a little bit of plaster here and there. :)

Hoser

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back