• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA encouraging resignations???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drew blows! Good ridance! He was as useless as Scotty and King Tutt are.

ASA - Another Shety Airline!

You don't have to agree with his view of the facts, but he never lied / will lie to you. I have known him for more than 30 years and can guarantee that.

If you think these guys are even in his class you do not know the man.

Bob

I resigned today. Close to 80 have resigned since January, including 3, 18+ year captains this week.

congrats man...or woman. :) I turned mine in yesterday

You don't have to agree with his view of the facts, but he never lied / will lie to you. I have known him for more than 30 years and can guarantee that.

If you think these guys are even in his class you do not know the man.

Bob

Are you f-ing kidding me? Never lied? I can only hope you're kidding. So a week before DFW closed and he was out in the CP's office and he said "I don't have plans for another ASA base and I don't want another ASA base. If I have my way, we'll never have a new crew domicile" I guess he wasn't lying.

As for your guarantee, let me quote Tommy Boy:

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

Are you f-ing kidding me? Never lied? I can only hope you're kidding. So a week before DFW closed and he was out in the CP's office and he said "I don't have plans for another ASA base and I don't want another ASA base. If I have my way, we'll never have a new crew domicile" I guess he wasn't lying.

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

I'm pretty sure Scott was hired after the DFW closure.

OK ace, are you telling me that you were there having a conversation with him, or is this the usual ASA bull******************** rumor-mill? Let me ask him if he was even in DFW the week before the "announcement" and had this conversation. Name names, I know for a fact that he keeps an extensive record of his travels and meetings.

Do you really think that he had a choice on the closure of DFW? In my conversations with him, he found out that the trigger was to be pulled by DAL the same time everyone else in leadership positions at ASA found out, the day before. That does not mean he ignored the rumors and was not prepping for it ... at least two years before he got to ASA he told me that he could not understand why DAL had an operation there.

To paraphrase Hillary, "It's all vast management conspiracy" to screw you.

Me, I think you have been sniffing too much of the glue referenced above.

Bob

But, beyond that

I was talking with BD (system chief) anf FL the other day and they both asked me if I had my stuff out somewhere else. When I said I did they said "good"....and I'm only a 2-3 year FO.

You leaving man? Where you going? I'm looking hard at fractionals, but I'm going to hold out here until I get on at a major I think.

i was trying to do the same, but went to the fractionals in Jan.. it has been great so far.. it is WAY different type of flying for sure, but also you are treated VERY well by management. The ironic part is I usually fly on ASA on my position legs and its obvious from the outside what a debocle that place is. (not the crews)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back