ASA encouraging resignations???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

frapper

Alright, fact or fiction? I've been hearing from several people that SH was in a recurrent last week encouraging resignations from anyone that has been here over 6 years! He evidently welcomes the resignations, and will not be requiring a 2-wk notice!

Anyone else hear about this, or witness this BS?!?

SH can't require a 2 week notice. You as an employee are under no obligation to give any notice when resigining your position.

But isnt there a caveat? As in, if you leave with less than two weeks notice, certain benefits might not be available upon your departure (in terms of payouts), and also, ineligible for rehire if you leave with less than two weeks notice?

But then again, if you leave a regional airline, I doubt you're coming back to the same place.

Exactly what benefits do you think you will get when you leave ????

As far as getting re-hired, are you serious ???

True, if you have accrued vacation you will get that with 2 weeks notice.

However, sick time is not paid out. If you have 400 hours in your sick bank with or w/o 2 weeks notice it is gone !!!!!!

One way to solve the accrued vacation is to go on sick leave, burn all your sick time and then they will burn all your unused vacation.

There are no other benefits given.

Seems to me that every airline out there would be "encouraging" the more senior people to resign. Just makes fiscal sense. If you can get a two year guy to do the job of a fifteen year guy................Whether or not the two year guy can do it as well..............~shrug~

Exactly what benefits do you think you will get when you leave ????

As far as getting re-hired, are you serious ???

I left a regional, on good terms, back in the late 90's and went to a Legacy carrier. Then 9-11 comes along and I'm out on the street. My previous carrier calls and offers myself, and former pilots a job. Sure, you have to start all over again, but this gave me the opportunity to stay current while I'm hitting the pavement looking for something better. I was only there for a few months before something else came along.:rolleyes:

True, if you have accrued vacation you will get that with 2 weeks notice.

However, sick time is not paid out. If you have 400 hours in your sick bank with or w/o 2 weeks notice it is gone !!!!!!

One way to solve the accrued vacation is to go on sick leave, burn all your sick time and then they will burn all your unused vacation.

There are no other benefits given.

Sort of,.. You simply use some/all of your sick time before you give your notice, as in call in sick for a few trips, then give your notice, miss no days in your last two weeks, and you get all of your vacation on your final check.

Which I got 6 weeks after leaving...

Latest resources

Back