• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA encouraging resignations???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every day I'm at work the company makes me feel pretty sure that they dont want me or the customers around anymore.
That is certainly encouraging my resignation. Not so much if anymore, but when.

I see three possibilities here:

1. ASA is about to close doors.

2. ASA makes coming to work so miserable, everyone quits. And then they hire 500hr wonders to fill the void.

3. This is the best SkyWest can do with the managerial talent available.

i was trying to do the same, but went to the fractionals in Jan.. it has been great so far.. it is WAY different type of flying for sure, but also you are treated VERY well by management. The ironic part is I usually fly on ASA on my position legs and its obvious from the outside what a debocle that place is. (not the crews)

I'm looking hard at CitationShares b/c I have some connections there. My concern is that I won't like the job that much. Despite ASA's problems, I actually enjoy the job. The BS sucks, but when it comes down to the people I fly with, and actually doing my job, it is a good job.

Do you miss the airline environment, or are you just glad you got out of there?

For all of you guys still living in DFW area, south Florida, LA-area, or NY, Flexjet is hiring. I have no regrets about coming here. They have good benefits, decent crew meals, new equipment, & pays better. No more commuting on your own time either.
Good luck to you guys.

...Some one asked earlier...

I'm headed to Jet Blue...:beer:

I'm looking hard at CitationShares b/c I have some connections there. My concern is that I won't like the job that much. Despite ASA's problems, I actually enjoy the job. The BS sucks, but when it comes down to the people I fly with, and actually doing my job, it is a good job.

Do you miss the airline environment, or are you just glad you got out of there?

Thats where im at. I felt the EXACT same way. Aside from all the BS, the job at ASA was great, and it was hard to leave. But it is much better here and COMPLETELY different type of flying. Nothing like having the EGPWS srceaming "terrian, terrian, pull up, pull up", on a 'normal visual approach' coming into HND. (vegas) ~ as in, this is normal~ Bottom line is you can be very lazy at the airlines, but here its no different than flying your own airplane. You do everything from filing to getting fuel to cleaning to figuring out your climb gradients, but its really no big deal and I love it so far.

I am off to DAL and there are about 30 others that are right behind me. The guys and gals that are leaving are in the seven plus year range all the way up to double digit seniority number. Most will move up over 100 numbers this year.
This place is sinking fast. Why do you think that our "leaders" want you to leave?
Simply, it is less money that they will have to pay out on severance when the doors of this place are close. That or it helps them shrink this place to where it is going well still hiring cheaper labor.

I am off to DAL and there are about 30 others that are right behind me. The guys and gals that are leaving are in the seven plus year range all the way up to double digit seniority number. Most will move up over 100 numbers this year.
This place is sinking fast. Why do you think that our "leaders" want you to leave?
Simply, it is less money that they will have to pay out on severance when the doors of this place are close. That or it helps them shrink this place to where it is going well still hiring cheaper labor.

Severance? We're "at will employees"! There will be no severance package unless you're in management (or a "management-pilot" working in the GO).

And yes, Scott Hall I am calling you out you piece of crap!!!!!
Scot Hall is a C O C K SUCKER who needs his ass beat!!!
Wow!!! Tell us how you feel about Scott.
Wait, I think that you did. hehe

I resigned today. Close to 80 have resigned since January, including 3, 18+ year captains this week.

I'm shocked... what is going on over there? I find it hard to believe some of the 18+ guys would just walk away..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back