• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA D-0 Flight Crew Babysitting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you arrive at your A/C and it hasn't been svcd then wouldn't common sense say to tell someone. Now your job is done, if the A/C is still not svcd and causes a delay then alert your dispatcher/ops that this is what caused the delay. You can now do this via acars. I know picking up the hand mic is a very painful for you but, many times, it does work.

Again
Relax, Do your job and Communicate your needs

No, you're still missing the point. I expect everybody else to do their jobs. I shouldn't have to call. I sit on my butt and let the system work. I get paid whether I fly or not. If you're a line pilot, so do you.

No, you're still missing the point. I expect everybody else to do their jobs. I shouldn't have to call. I sit on my butt and let the system work. I get paid whether I fly or not. If you're a line pilot, so do you.

I agree with you to point that yes I do expect the system to work as advertised day in and day out. Where I differ is that I have the wisdom to realize that even the perfect plan may not always work that way. When it doesn't what is the harm in making a call? Nothing is going to get fixed unless delays are coded properly and you can help this by alerting dispatch/ops of what is going on.

I agree with you to point that yes I do expect the system to work as advertised day in and day out. Where I differ is that I have the wisdom to realize that even the perfect plan may not always work that way. When it doesn't what is the harm in making a call? Nothing is going to get fixed unless delays are coded properly and you can help this by alerting dispatch/ops of what is going on.

Nobody expects things to go perfectly all the time, but after watching the ASA machine at work for the past several years my concern is that calling for things to get done will become not the exception, but the norm.

The only thing we can hope is that Brad will not allow the call to become the norm and keep it the exception. The point is just sitting there with the "I'll show them" mentallity will not help anything either.

I take it we have a new procedure? Maybe I should check my mail!

Latest resources

Back