• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA D-0 Flight Crew Babysitting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well...they've done it again....we now have to babysit mother delta. According to CT memo, we have to make an effort to obtain the release, ensure the plane is cleaned, etc....all the things we were doing, now just written down clearly. I just wanna know who's clock they're using....

its 36 min priah to departah cap'n....youz need to git da releaze form me....we needs to huddle

Once again, the crews that run the operation, still, continue to run the operation. What ever happened to doing your job? I'll do mine, they do theirs.

Who cares how many memos they send? Am I required to read anything that's not in my POH of FOM? No. Do I read or respond to anything on that asinine ourASA web site? No. Huddles? Trips to the gate? Don't think so.

One Call, That's all.

I can see the response to an ASA pilot when he tries to get a bunch of DAL folks to huddle. No DAL people are going to do anything an ASA pilot tells them. They're at one gate working three planes and they're not going to stop loading/boarding another flight to come hear our brief. And the gate agents often work alone working three flights. They don't have time to stop and listen to someone when they're trying to board or deplane a flight.

The team at the puzzle palace needs to be reminded that the ATL ops people don't work for us and don't answer to us and will just tell us to get lost. Just like they've been doing since June 1.

Last edited:
I can see the response to an ASA pilot when he tries to get a bunch of DAL folks to huddle. No DAL people are going to do anything an ASA pilot tells them. They're at one gate working three planes and they're not going to stop loading/boarding another flight to come hear our brief.

The team at the puzzle palace needs to be reminded that the ATL ops people don't work for us and don't answer to us and will just tell us to get lost. Just like they've been doing since June 1.

Add to that the fact that all of them seem to think that they are above us and that we answer to them, not the other way around.

Try writing up a Delta person and see how far it goes. But get written up by a Delta Gate Agent and you'll be sitting in a blue chair explaining yourself.

This is the double standard I'm tired of. Ever since 6/1/07 the same ops people who were on our team on 5/30/07, suddenly got the idea that they were promoted and that we work for them as their servants. No, no huddles for me.

I'll go up, get the release, make sure non-revs and jump-seaters are taken care of and do my job in the cockpit. But it's inappropriate for the mgmt of one company to encourage it's employees to exercise operational authority over the employees of another company. Especially when we've been told again and again that we operate at the pleasure of DAL and that they have authority over us. This wasn't well thought out by the author of the memo and leaves us in an awkward position if we try to enforce it.

But it's inappropriate for the mgmt of one company to encourage it's employees to exercise operational authority over the employees of another company. Especially when we've been told again and again that we operate at the pleasure of DAL and that they have authority over us. This wasn't well thought out by the author of the memo and leaves us in an awkward position if we try to enforce it.

But remember, Charlie was, is, and always will be a Delta blue blood. To him, this makes perfect sense.

I'm sure by reason of his history there he still has some influence and close relations. But he has to remember that in the eyes of DAL and every DAL employee the rest of us are just slugs in a subsidiary of a third-party contractor. Your delta connection connection.

I'm sure by reason of his history there he still has some influence and close relations. But he has to remember that in the eyes of DAL and every DAL employee the rest of us are just slugs in a subsidiary of a third-party contractor. Your delta connection connection.

Exactly. And they have begun to treat us accordingly. You know what, I won't go back and keep getting crapped on. So when they treat me like a valued team member, I'll play their B.S. kumbaya huddle game. Until then, I'll act like the "subsidiary of a third-party contractor" I am and sit on my airplane, doing my basic job requirements and nothing more.

If Delta wants me to act like a member of their team, then they should make me a Delta employee and pay me accordingly. But don't try to fool me into acting like a team member for free when I am your team's water boy, not a real player.

Who cares how many memos they send? Am I required to read anything that's not in my POH of FOM? No. Do I read or respond to anything on that asinine ourASA web site? No. Huddles? Trips to the gate? Don't think so.

One Call, That's all.

You are WRONG here! The FOM states in section 10-1.8 that "Flight Crew members are required to have a thorough knowledge of all applicable bulletins, memos and notices."

OK, that said...why is everyone getting so wrapped around the axel about this? The reason we are doing this "go to the gate, get the release and talk with the gate agent procedure" is because that is what delta does. It isn't a big deal...AND once we get all the jet bridges installed, it will be on the way. Walk down the concourse, stop at the counter to get release (and yes, COMMUNICATE with the agent while there), go to aircraft...if it needs something, call for it (which we have always done). Then if something is wrong, hold boarding, otherwise, board on time.

Not a big deal folks!

Latest resources

Back