• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Crew Lounge Thief

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
please don't think I'm taking up for this guy, nor that I agree with the juvenille comment BUT, are you assuming he's white and talking about blacks?:confused:

More than likely, he was saying that only blacks "shank" people and he is just guessing that the poster is white. Methinks that it was "tongue-in-cheek" but I could be wrong. There has been alot of BS supposedly "racist" coments floating around FI lately that are just BS. People are just way too sensitive.

More than likely, he was saying that only blacks "shank" people and he is just guessing that the poster is white. Methinks that it was "tongue-in-cheek" but I could be wrong. There has been alot of BS supposedly "racist" coments floating around FI lately that are just BS. People are just way too sensitive.

Actually, I am hoping that he will elaborate on why he thinks the shanking comment was a racist one. Perhaps there is something about the prison system he would like to bring to light, like the percentage of those that are institutionalized.

please don't think I'm taking up for this guy, nor that I agree with the juvenille comment BUT, are you assuming he's white and talking about blacks?:confused:

where in the farg did you get that? I don't know the color of crj567's skin nor do I care. he/she made an obviously racist comment. so, I said "racist". that's all.

who are you trying to kid? I don't know crj567's skin color and I couldn't care less. his comment was definitely racist. if not, what else does it mean? do rampers in ATL look like ex cons because they all have prison tats or like to wear horizontal black and white stripes? no obviously the rampers are mostly black. furthermore, please explain exactly how his/her comment was tongue-in-cheek? is it anything like n-gg-r jokes being "tongue-in-cheek"?

Last edited:
I don't think it was a ramper because they can't even get into our new lounge from what I understand

---plus, most of the rampers are African-American, and would stand out like a sore-thumb in the lounge, since ASA doesn't have any black pilots.

If "n-gg-r" is such a bad word, why is it every other word out of a black man's mouth when addressing another?

To which black men are you referring? I'm a black man that doesn't address other black men with the N word. Did you have a point or something?

If "n-gg-r" is such a bad word, why is it every other word out of a black man's mouth when addressing another?

If I may take a stab; I believe that the difference is that when one black person says it to another, it is generally a term of endearment or at least not in the historical usage of the word. When a white guy says it to or about blacks, it is generally in a negative light and might be more in the spirit of the historical usage.

Also, a black guy saying it to another black guy tends to be the younger wannabe pop culture "g-dog" type or very much into the pretentious part of the hip hop music scene. Also, I have seen many younger white guys saying it to other white guys that fit the same "gangsta" wannabe stereotype.

Disclaimer;
Not intending to offend blacks, whites, young, old or even the GEICO caveman!:D

Latest resources

Back