• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Contract List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to answer the original question, here's what it would take to get a yes vote from me:

100% retro pay

Complete overhaul of the scheduling system, including reserve rules, integration, and most importantly, accountability. (No more "denied, low coverage" BS, show us the proof) Plenty of other regionals have it, so should we.

Trip and Duty rigs (real ones, no lookback)

I'd settle for Comair pay rates, if we got all the above.

Things that would be nice to have, but not deal breakers:

Commuter clause

Comair + X%

Age and weight limits for F/As (Hey, I can dream)

Nindiri said:
Personally, I would think the company had more to fear from good work rules than a one time retro payout.

I agree, but as far as I'm concerned, neither is negotiable.

If the company had been bargaining in good faith, I'd be much more willing to budge on the retro pay. As it stands now however, they've long since squandered any good will amongst the pilot group that might have let them get away with less than 100% retro pay.

It is about moving money around. And the actions of the company are going to require them to move more, rather than less of it, than had they bargained in good faith.

I'm completely willing to walk away from this job if we don't get the contract we deserve.

I think the danger here is management really and truly believes the majority of us are not.

You would think that Delta would put the word to them not to let it happen again, seeing how the Comair strike cost them more than if they had just relented on a few contract items. Of course, it's also possible that Delta told them to delay because the situation would soon be radically different. That's an unpleasant thought.

I suppose DL may want to delay so they could enter Chap 11 and impose a new contract. If they did and ASA pilots refused and wanted to strike, they could (maybe) bring the Mesa ERJs into ATL to try to fill in. You never know........ I hope they settle with you guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I suppose DL may want to delay so they could enter Chap 11 and impose a new contract. If they did and ASA pilots refused and wanted to strike, they could (maybe) bring the Mesa ERJs into ATL to try to fill in. You never know........ I hope they settle with you guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There aren't enough Freedumb wannabe scabs and 23 year old 3rd world immigrants at Mesa to cover ASA's flying.

I trust the Mesa pilot group to honor an ASA picket line and not fly our struck work.

I vote NO too, if not 100% retro pay--if you vote yes to anything but, the next time the company will drag it out forever. Retro pay is fair--the company has been taking their time--and we want to reward them with no pay raises for 3 years....

Retro Pay

scarlet said:
I vote NO too, if not 100% retro pay--if you vote yes to anything but, the next time the company will drag it out forever. Retro pay is fair--the company has been taking their time--and we want to reward them with no pay raises for 3 years....

As far as I'm concerned, it's 100% back pay or a no vote. I will strike over this issue. The payment in return is 3 years of negotiation on an old contract. If we give in on this, we will have yet another 8-9 year contract!

Trojan

CF34-3B1 said:
Just to answer the original question, here's what it would take to get a yes vote from me:

100% retro pay

Complete overhaul of the scheduling system, including reserve rules, integration, and most importantly, accountability. (No more "denied, low coverage" BS, show us the proof) Plenty of other regionals have it, so should we.

Trip and Duty rigs (real ones, no lookback)

I'd settle for Comair pay rates, if we got all the above.

Things that would be nice to have, but not deal breakers:

Commuter clause

Comair + X%

Age and weight limits for F/As (Hey, I can dream)

Your going to have a hard time pushing the "commuter clause". CASS would benefits all ASA pilots.

CF34-3B1 said:
I agree, but as far as I'm concerned, neither is negotiable.

If the company had been bargaining in good faith, I'd be much more willing to budge on the retro pay. As it stands now however, they've long since squandered any good will amongst the pilot group that might have let them get away with less than 100% retro pay.

It is about moving money around. And the actions of the company are going to require them to move more, rather than less of it, than had they bargained in good faith.

I'm completely willing to walk away from this job if we don't get the contract we deserve.

I think the danger here is management really and truly believes the majority of us are not.

Absolutely, 100% correct.

Latest resources

Back