• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Considers iPad EFBs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering what did he say he had for breakfast? You guys like to report every word he says. For what its worth every RGT i go to They say EFB'S on the way. 7 years now.

how bout some sun blockers that work, new sunshades, but would be nice not to carry that damn flight bag around

Yes- this is my 10th RGT and I agree it is talked about every year, the difference is that he brought it up on his own during his canned speach, and had specific problems... instead of the typical, "well that is really expensive and hard to justify, but we are looking at it" answer...
At least they are actually spending some time analizing it and overcoming the problems, not just kicking the can down the road.
And for Samballs... if you think it is dumb what is talked about here, and dont care... why are you even reading the thread?

Is ASA going to use NOS charts? Because Jepp charts are not yet available for the iPad.

(Jeppesen is rumored to preview a JeppView iPad app at Oskhosh, though)
Jeppesen doesn't have an "app" just yet, but you can subscribe and have online access. I went in to print certain cities which then made a PDF file and put in my dropbox.com folder. Having an app will be so much nicer, but still updates could be emailed as well. Charts look great!

Maybe they'll put it in N600QX (ex Horizon -700) that we got.

How many senior grumpy captains do you think will complain and whine about EFBs till they disappear?

"Back in my day, a piece of paper was good enough."

Latest resources

Back