ASA Considers iPad EFBs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waterskier

In a recent RGT speach by SH, HE brought up the fact that ASA was looking into replacing ALL the pubs with a iPad EFB. Said the bigest stumbling block was the battery and blocking the internet.... Seems like if they are down to those hurtles, that they are pretty far along in the process... Sure would be nice to carry that insted of the 40lb flight kit! Maybe this is their solution to the W&B problems with the CRJ!

Why would they want to block the internet on them? Wouldn't internet be the easiest way to update them?

Why would they want to block the internet on them? Wouldn't internet be the easiest way to update them?

Have you totally not been paying attention to the media and the FAA lately? Dont want us surfing the net when we should be taxing and doing checklists! Think he was basically talking about having it in airplane mode while opperating the aircraft... goes back to the whole steril cockpit thing...

Is ASA going to use NOS charts? Because Jepp charts are not yet available for the iPad.

(Jeppesen is rumored to preview a JeppView iPad app at Oskhosh, though)

Why don't they just have 2 jepps that stay in the cockpit and have 777forever come in every 17 days to update them? Everybody wins.

Jep charts...
If the money and the volume is there, I guarentee that Jep will be there. Just because it is not avab. to the general public, doesn't mean that they are not working a deal on it... Going to OSH next week, I will definatly look for it.

We'll be a "super-regional" before we get EFB's. Don't hold your breath. No, wait. Hold your breath. I'd love to hold a decent line for once. Haha. Just kidding. But, seriously. EFB's would be nice.

Latest resources

Back