Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Connection.....(Or should I say "Concession?")

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't seen the metric. ON the fifty seat stuff. ASA is fine. The last time I saw actual numbers without company names attached ASA was pretty high on the 70-76 scale. I'm sure the number that was at the bottom was Mesa.

Remember, SkyWest doesn't ALPA standing in the way of doing business. This doesn't mean I want to toss my legal protections but I do want to union to quit standing in the way of the company making money. The MEC and reps are privvy to more numbers than we are. However, they have the choice to spin it however they want to the pilot group. The pilot group generally buys into since ASA established itself as a dishonest company when it came to info. However, I truly believe that has changed since Brad got into the drivers seat. We need to take the union rheoric with a grain of salt these days. They are looking to maintain their own little cushy jobs that let them go home every night while collecting the 105 hour guarentee on the dues payer's dime.

Are you drinking the Kool-aid now? The MEC Chairman should be the only one on full time leave at 105--paid by Our dues. That is less than what a Sim Flight Instructor makes. His plate is loaded and he puts in more hours than any pilot on our property taking care of OUR business on a local and National level. By the way, in my opinion, he is the best MEC Chairman we have ever had. He seems to be well respected on the local level and also on the National level.

Take the Union rhetoric with a grain of salt? You got to be kidding me! Stand on the sidelines and get what mangement wants to deliver! What is it that the Union if feeding you that you don't believe?

Tower, Reality Check, please!

Some of you talk as if pay cuts, if proffered, are a forgone conclusion. Let them find savings somewhere else! We get paid to fly, they signed the contract knowing full well what the costs were. There was no strike threat being held over their head at the time. We single engine taxi and delay apu usage, and cost index flying, and I'm willing to do whatever else they can come up with, but leave my damn contract alone. For Gods sake act like you were born with a set of balls and quit trying to give away the farm before you're even asked.

I haven't seen the metric. ON the fifty seat stuff. ASA is fine. The last time I saw actual numbers without company names attached ASA was pretty high on the 70-76 scale. I'm sure the number that was at the bottom was Mesa.

Remember, SkyWest doesn't ALPA standing in the way of doing business. This doesn't mean I want to toss my legal protections but I do want to union to quit standing in the way of the company making money. The MEC and reps are privvy to more numbers than we are. However, they have the choice to spin it however they want to the pilot group. The pilot group generally buys into since ASA established itself as a dishonest company when it came to info. However, I truly believe that has changed since Brad got into the drivers seat. We need to take the union rheoric with a grain of salt these days. They are looking to maintain their own little cushy jobs that let them go home every night while collecting the 105 hour guarentee on the dues payer's dime.

Seriously, was this a poor attempt at sarcasm?

Your MEC chair, Dave is one of the best guys you have there. He made a choice to stay there to make it a better place. He was and is not stuck, it is a choice!
He knows the DCI contract that ASA signed, and knows the numbers. ALPA national is looking at the data too.
Here is link to the contract. (trade secret areas have been blanked out)
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/793733/000110465905043902/a05-16042_1ex1d2.htm

Maybe the union should back off some stuff like the differing hotels for long and short overnights. There is quite a bit of stuff like this that is costing the company a ton of additional money.

I agree with that. In places like ALB I'd rather be at the short location than the Dtown scince I seem to only end up there during the day on Sat and Sun with nothing to do. The hotel in YYZ is great if there is something going on at the dome but so far I've only seen a car show. Finally, we better get a hell of a deal for CAK since the area has been dead for quite a while, we pass a mall area with a few hotels and everyhing to eat you could ever need. there are more I could complain about but I think you get the point...

Depends.
Corporate Travel does most of the bookings, but if the downtown airport does not have a shuttle EV/DAL pays the transfers.
With splitting rooms up between two hotels, sometimes it is less cost effective. Not by much but every dollar counts.

Also little add ins like internet, 25% discount vs a 15%, free paper, etc all cost money and can be negotiated away for a cheaper rate. Don't believe me as the guys that deal with Corporate Lodging, (RT)

Depends.
Corporate Travel does most of the bookings, but if the downtown airport does not have a shuttle EV/DAL pays the transfers.
With splitting rooms up between two hotels, sometimes it is less cost effective. Not by much but every dollar counts.

Also little add ins like internet, 25% discount vs a 15%, free paper, etc all cost money and can be negotiated away for a cheaper rate. Don't believe me as the guys that deal with Corporate Lodging, (RT)

I don't believe ANY of the "little add-ins" you have mentioned are in the contract in the first place. I don't recall going to many hotels that offer us any discount, and I'm pretty sure a free paper is not in our contract at any rate! I don't think we are staying at many ultra-luxury palaces these days.

I agree with you about Dave-he is a great guy... I am a bit leery about your knowledge if his career aspirations and decisions. How would you know where he applied, was offered a job, or where he turned down offers? This act is beginning to wear a bit.

I guess your buddies down in human resources let the cat out of the bag and told you-right after your pals over at route planning let you in on a little "insider info" on their plans. It was all really because you were banging the CEO's hot daughter, wasn't it?

-Maybe you offered Dave the job personally-since your are all connected and stuff! You rock!

-Do you really think anyone buys this crap?

Are you drinking the Kool-aid now? The MEC Chairman should be the only one on full time leave at 105--paid by Our dues. That is less than what a Sim Flight Instructor makes. His plate is loaded and he puts in more hours than any pilot on our property taking care of OUR business on a local and National level. By the way, in my opinion, he is the best MEC Chairman we have ever had. He seems to be well respected on the local level and also on the National level.

I guess you haven't seen how the volunteer thing works have you? Drop a four day trip, work for a day and go home. Get paid for all of it. Ever seen what happens during those trips to negotiate? All the food, booze and hotel rooms are paid for by us.

DN isn't a bad guy but he's bucking for a job at ALPA national. Whens the last time you say NT or DU fly? What about the FO reps? There are a few others who will openly admit around the right folks that is their total aspiration. Get that cushy job and ride......

Last edited:
I don't believe ANY of the "little add-ins" you have mentioned are in the contract in the first place. I don't recall going to many hotels that offer us any discount, and I'm pretty sure a free paper is not in our contract at any rate! I don't think we are staying at many ultra-luxury palaces these days.

I agree with you about Dave-he is a great guy... I am a bit leery about your knowledge if his career aspirations and decisions. How would you know where he applied, was offered a job, or where he turned down offers? This act is beginning to wear a bit.

I guess your buddies down in human resources let the cat out of the bag and told you-right after your pals over at route planning let you in on a little "insider info" on their plans. It was all really because you were banging the CEO's hot daughter, wasn't it?

-Maybe you offered Dave the job personally-since your are all connected and stuff! You rock!

-Do you really think anyone buys this crap?

Truth hurts.

The days of guaranteed profit are over, which is what allowed your compensation to come up in the first place. It's happening. Bet on it.

OR

just :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Latest resources

Back