Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Connection.....(Or should I say "Concession?")

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DN isn't a bad guy but he's bucking for a job at ALPA national. Whens the last time you say NT or DU fly? What about the FO reps? There are a few others who will openly admit around the right folks that is their total aspiration. Get that cushy job and ride......

Everybody's schedule at ASA is public. Download the giant final schedule PDF and report back to us.

I don't believe ANY of the "little add-ins" you have mentioned are in the contract in the first place. I don't recall going to many hotels that offer us any discount, and I'm pretty sure a free paper is not in our contract at any rate! I don't think we are staying at many ultra-luxury palaces these days.

I agree with you about Dave-he is a great guy... I am a bit leery about your knowledge if his career aspirations and decisions. How would you know where he applied, was offered a job, or where he turned down offers? This act is beginning to wear a bit.

I guess your buddies down in human resources let the cat out of the bag and told you-right after your pals over at route planning let you in on a little "insider info" on their plans. It was all really because you were banging the CEO's hot daughter, wasn't it?

-Maybe you offered Dave the job personally-since your are all connected and stuff! You rock!

-Do you really think anyone buys this crap?

Lest you forget I was at ASA. I know Dave. Worked with him. Like I said a good guy.
Talked to him about leaving. Simple as that.

As for the CEO's daughter, didn't know he had one. Work and personal life are separate.

As for the nuggets of knowledge. Hate to tell you but it is not rocket science. Lot of stuff is spoken freely over here. Just ask.

As for the hotels. Guess you negotiated that away already. It is how it is done for most corporate account. Some hotels leave a meal discount just to attract the crew. Once again, not rocket science.

People get themselves jobs, opportunities to interview is what the key is.

You still have not answered my question. What part of the DAL interview did you fail? You are very bitter.

I guess you haven't seen how the volunteer thing works have you? Drop a four day trip, work for a day and go home. Get paid for all of it. Ever seen what happens during those trips to negotiate? All the food, booze and hotel rooms are paid for by us.

DN isn't a bad guy but he's bucking for a job at ALPA national. Whens the last time you say NT or DU fly? What about the FO reps? There are a few others who will openly admit around the right folks that is their total aspiration. Get that cushy job and ride......

You haven't seen DU fly for quite a while due to the fact he has been on medical leave. LOL! Get your facts straight before you post this nonsense. Oh, and if you haven't seen NT around then I guess you don't fly naps.

Thanks for playing.

Lest you forget I was at ASA. I know Dave. Worked with him. Like I said a good guy.
Talked to him about leaving. Simple as that.

As for the CEO's daughter, didn't know he had one. Work and personal life are separate.

As for the nuggets of knowledge. Hate to tell you but it is not rocket science. Lot of stuff is spoken freely over here. Just ask.

As for the hotels. Guess you negotiated that away already. It is how it is done for most corporate account. Some hotels leave a meal discount just to attract the crew. Once again, not rocket science.

People get themselves jobs, opportunities to interview is what the key is.

You still have not answered my question. What part of the DAL interview did you fail? You are very bitter.

Eat it-ACL-I have never applied, never interviewed at your employer... It is amazing that you think each and every person who ever flew an airplane wants your job-simply amazing.

I enjoy what I do, and I have plenty of reasons for wanting to work where I work-just like our pal Dave does. (Interesting how you continually try and berate me for working where I work, yet Dave is somehow noble and just-choosing to slave away with us "little people.)

-You truly are an embarrasment to all who work, or ever have worked here-you pompus toolshed. One minute you are tooting your "brotherhood" and "all on the same team" horn, in the very next post, you are advocating scoping everyone out.

Last edited:

He didn't. He actually failed the NWA interview when he started spouting off about how morally wrong he thought Compass was during the "Do you have any questions for us?" portion.

He's bitter. He's an ex rep. He's a Midwesterner. You know who he is... just think about it.

Not known as the most levelheaded of people even on his best days.

You really have it wrong.
I am not berating you. I think ASA is a good place to work. I enjoyed my time there. There are parts of ASA that DAL will never be.

I have nothing against the pilots of ASA. They are a great group of people.
I just do not like your hatred, and anger that is all.

ASA is already cost competive. That's why we just got 10 CRJ 900s, and we will get more. No one beats ASA for ATL operations. No one comes close. ASA is not perfect, but it's getting better every day.

Latest resources

Back