Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Connection.....(Or should I say "Concession?")

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crj567

Who just got that e-mail in which the union described sitting down with mgmt. and going over financials? I'll bet we are about to see some great concession proposals-real soon.

I still don't see how they could get ASA down to the level of Mesa or Mesaba-too many people who have been here a long time.

-I guess time will tell....

You have to get costs there one way or another. If you are so smart you would have read the contract that DAL and ASA agreed to three years ago.

If you do not get the costs in to the bottom two, DAL has the right to impose those costs on you, you can accept that, or they take your flying.
Read some of the posts on it. It sucks but that is what your former management and SKW's Jerry Atkin agreed to when they bought ASA.

Who just got that e-mail in which the union described sitting down with mgmt. and going over financials? I'll bet we are about to see some great concession proposals-real soon.

I still don't see how they could get ASA down to the level of Mesa or Mesaba-too many people who have been here a long time.

-I guess time will tell....
Maybe the union should back off some stuff like the differing hotels for long and short overnights. There is quite a bit of stuff like this that is costing the company a ton of additional money.

There are many things that have been done to save money including the A-Tech, consolodating parking lots, etc. I'm sure more needs to be done though.

Why even consider concessions when Inc. is still profitable? Haven't they asked you guys for enough already?

The problem is Delta can impose the terms to make us the second lowest cost or take the flying. Our metrics still have a ways to match Mesa and Mesaba. Hopefully we can get there without pay cuts serious drop in QOL. BH believes it can be done and generally when says somehting, you can take it to the bank.

Buy mesa, and kill it. Problem solved.

The problem is Delta can impose the terms to make us the second lowest cost or take the flying. Our metrics still have a ways to match Mesa and Mesaba. Hopefully we can get there without pay cuts serious drop in QOL. BH believes it can be done and generally when says somehting, you can take it to the bank.

So asa's operations cost more than skw's even though you are properly staffed after the furlough?

I haven't seen the metric. ON the fifty seat stuff. ASA is fine. The last time I saw actual numbers without company names attached ASA was pretty high on the 70-76 scale. I'm sure the number that was at the bottom was Mesa.

Remember, SkyWest doesn't ALPA standing in the way of doing business. This doesn't mean I want to toss my legal protections but I do want to union to quit standing in the way of the company making money. The MEC and reps are privvy to more numbers than we are. However, they have the choice to spin it however they want to the pilot group. The pilot group generally buys into since ASA established itself as a dishonest company when it came to info. However, I truly believe that has changed since Brad got into the drivers seat. We need to take the union rheoric with a grain of salt these days. They are looking to maintain their own little cushy jobs that let them go home every night while collecting the 105 hour guarentee on the dues payer's dime.

I haven't seen the metric. ON the fifty seat stuff. ASA is fine. The last time I saw actual numbers without company names attached ASA was pretty high on the 70-76 scale. I'm sure the number that was at the bottom was Mesa.

Remember, SkyWest doesn't ALPA standing in the way of doing business. This doesn't mean I want to toss my legal protections but I do want to union to quit standing in the way of the company making money. The MEC and reps are privvy to more numbers than we are. However, they have the choice to spin it however they want to the pilot group. The pilot group generally buys into since ASA established itself as a dishonest company when it came to info. However, I truly believe that has changed since Brad got into the drivers seat. We need to take the union rheoric with a grain of salt these days. They are looking to maintain their own little cushy jobs that let them go home every night while collecting the 105 hour guarentee on the dues payer's dime.

Ignorant. Please educate yourself before you write something like that again. You are an embarrassment to the pilot profession.

Latest resources

Back