• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA confirms details for Air Mekong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is cost of living over in that part of the world?

I hope some really great people take this- the comradery with those you flew with, and lived with, would be fantastic. What an experience- really funny to think that Atlantic Southeast Airlines has morphed into something so broad and distant................

Single, not attached- I'm outta here!

Last edited:
Why on earth would they give the Captains more money to travel and live than the F/O's. Thats complete B.S. and I m a captain.

I hope no one falls for this.....other US regional airlines that have started up bases outside the US have typically offered FOs a 100% pay bump and Captains a 50-60% pay bump plus housing. ASA's offer is nowhere near this.

Let's hold out for something better....if ASA really wants to do this they should be willing to pay us a premium....and if no one volunteers then they will have to sweeten the pot.

ASA is NOT doing this. ASA is NOT starting another base outside of the US. AM is a completely different company and is doing their own hiring and paying. ASA is just doing the training and writing manuals and offering LOAs to those who want to go. If you read the memo an FO has to make 80/hr and a CA 124/hr at ASA to make what they'll make at AM.

It's a great 1 year experience for someone who wants to see a little bit of the rest of the world, not to mention a little something for the resume.

Just because someone is a captain or FO here doesn't mean they'll be the same there. Position and seiority don't transfer to a different company.

Latest resources

Back