• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA confirms details for Air Mekong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I am wrong, but as an FO and getting only $4000 to travel back in forth will get used up extremely fast. I wanted to see jumpseat agreements with this but there are none.

It isn't a US airline, so no jumpseating on US carriers. If you are in the states more than 30 days, you have to start paying taxes...

Experience the Exotic

If you are young and single and haven't served overseas in the military - then there is no excuse for not applying to go overseas and experience the exotic life. Even if it's horrible, you'll have great stories to tell and great memories.

I hope no one falls for this.....other US regional airlines that have started up bases outside the US have typically offered FOs a 100% pay bump and Captains a 50-60% pay bump plus housing. ASA's offer is nowhere near this.

Let's hold out for something better....if ASA really wants to do this they should be willing to pay us a premium....and if no one volunteers then they will have to sweeten the pot.

Why would they be? FO's are going as FO's.

I dunno...I just figured to operate over there you would need an ICAO equivalent license.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only an ATP/Type Rating is equivalent. I wouldn't assume a regular US commercial would be enough.

FYI a 320 Capt at Vietnam Airlines is about 10000 a mo. gross and you find your own digs. Check with Rishworth or PARC. Looking at what is said here the contract may be in the ball park $$$ wise. Vietnam is a beautiful country not with out its pitfalls, if i was single or had no kids I would be all over this. Just remember keep an open mind you are in a foreign country....
PS Vietnam is a cheap compared to most Asian country's

Q: Will Air Mekong consider inactive and/or furloughed pilots?​

A: Yes

Honestly, Id do it, But im tied to the states with the Army National Guard and Im currently in a Traditional OCS program. Unless I could keep my pass travel benefits, I couldn't make the monthly treck for drill weekend.

I dunno...I just figured to operate over there you would need an ICAO equivalent license.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only an ATP/Type Rating is equivalent. I wouldn't assume a regular US commercial would be enough.

FAA license = ICAO license

Honestly, Id do it, But im tied to the states with the Army National Guard and Im currently in a Traditional OCS program. Unless I could keep my pass travel benefits, I couldn't make the monthly treck for drill weekend.

You might want to talk to your guard unit either way. I know a few pilots that had to give up their commission to go work for CX. I am sure it would be the same here. If you have a security clearance, I believe they do not want you working for a foreign company.

Latest resources

Back