ASA Class Dates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stifler's Mom said:
Do us all a favor if you come to ASA, please refrain from using eachother's pet names on the radio....ok, Snooky Ookums? :blush:

What on the radio. I flew with a pair that she called him "Nancy!"

Kerveball said:
Hopefully you wont be the captain that gets stuck with me after her and I just had a big fight. We'll be holding for hours!!! haha

What Captain. You'll be on RES so long you won't see the inside of the cockpit after training but you can work the gates during Xmas.

You will be getting to ride in the back for a few legs. I hear the STL overnight is the best.

If ASA runs a class soon I'll be shocked. We are so fat on FO's right now. Ask your local reserve buddy how much he/she is flying...

Crash Pad said:
If ASA runs a class soon I'll be shocked. We are so fat on FO's right now. Ask your local reserve buddy how much he/she is flying...

Crash Pad,

We are not fat. We might just be properly staffed now. I give it three months and we'll be under staffed and you'll be flying your arse off. At the begining of this year I went from not flying to 74hrs a month and half of it in the right seat. Oh yeah, they keep you just under 75hrs so you do'nt get a lick of credit for all of that dead heading.

701EV

Calls are going out today to poolies to see if you're still interested. That's a loaded question...

BTW, 100 hours in 6 months is required or you'll get sent home from the intreview.

Just got the call from Lisa in recruitment. She's a real sweetheart! She asked me if I was still interested in working for ASA and asked for my flight time in the last 6 months. I asked her what she has heard about class dates because I want to hear it "right from the horses mouth". She said she had no information on class dates...that they have told her nothing...but the fact that my file was placed on her desk as someone to call means I am "ready to go for the next class date". So...its not the best of news (no class date) but its movement in the right direction!

Has anyone else gotten the call today? It sounds like maybe they are only putting the call out to people who interviewed a while back...I wouldn't be upset if I had just interviewed at the end of Nov and didnt get this call. I interviewed all the way back in the first week of October and I know there are a few people that interviewed even further back than that. Any other calls?

Straight from Skunkworks, but no secret - The senior IP's have been told no classes in the first quarter and any of the instructors who wanted to go out and do some line flying were invited to bid a schedule next month. The Check Airmen will remain in the sim doing recurrent and proficiency checks. The reason cited for the sudden stop in training is the uncertainty regarding Delta's fleet plan.

I will add, this is will not be decided until after the mediation / bankruptcy court decisions which are supposed to come down in March.

Kerveball, it sounds like you are next up on the plate when things start. That could be very good if ASA gets a bunch of 70 seaters through scope relief. It could be really bad if they run a class to keep up with attrition and then shut it down again. For the Captains, it means we have probably 30+ IP's bidding our lines, they are a pretty senior group of pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back