ASA Class Dates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kerveball

I know you all have probably seen this post a few times, but just wondering if anyone out there has any information about when ASA is going to run another class?
Any advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated. Here it is. I currently work as a CFI in Daytona Beach. I interviewed with ASA back on October 4th. I received the letter of conditional employment on October 26th saying they would contact me with a class date. 2 of my friends that interviewed only a week before me got called with the Nov.14th class date (the last one ASA ran). So I'm thinking I must be close to the top of the pool. Also, to add to the mix my fiance works as a controller at ATL Center, so I'm dying to be in the Atlanta area with her too! Now here is the hard part. I interviewed with Eagle a few weeks ago. I just got the call from them that everything had passed and I was offered Jan.23rd as a class date. I am on the younger side so I know I would probably get San Juan. So do I take Eagle and San Juan or do I hold out and keep swinging by a string waiting for ASA to call? My heart is telling me to wait for ASA for the location but my mind is telling me to take Eagle to get my career going. HELP! Anybody?

Kerveball said:
I know you all have probably seen this post a few times, but just wondering if anyone out there has any information about when ASA is going to run another class?
Any advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated. Here it is. I currently work as a CFI in Daytona Beach. I interviewed with ASA back on October 4th. I received the letter of conditional employment on October 26th saying they would contact me with a class date. 2 of my friends that interviewed only a week before me got called with the Nov.14th class date (the last one ASA ran). So I'm thinking I must be close to the top of the pool. Also, to add to the mix my fiance works as a controller at ATL Center, so I'm dying to be in the Atlanta area with her too! Now here is the hard part. I interviewed with Eagle a few weeks ago. I just got the call from them that everything had passed and I was offered Jan.23rd as a class date. I am on the younger side so I know I would probably get San Juan. So do I take Eagle and San Juan or do I hold out and keep swinging by a string waiting for ASA to call? My heart is telling me to wait for ASA for the location but my mind is telling me to take Eagle to get my career going. HELP! Anybody?

follow your heart.

Come volunteer in the Atlanta Airport over Christmas and I'm sure the head of Pilot Recruiting, Flight Training and Flight Ops will be here working along side you for free.

Oh' you are serious about working here. Training pretty much shuts down over the Holidays. It should start back in early 06. Everything depends on a "fleet plan" from Delta. That all depends on ALPA's scope negotiations that we argue about to no end on this board. Delta, SkyWest and ASA have no idea what the "fleet plan" is going to be, but attrition runs about 13 a month so they should have a class or three going in the very near future.

ohplease! said:
follow your heart.
Yes, a six figure government job with excellent benefits and time off. Marry her, or better yet, see if she can get you hired where she works.

Oh I wish. I have already tried the whole getting on with ATC thing, but the only people the southern region is taking right now are graduates from an approved ATC program...forgot what its called though. I think the only schools that have it are ERAU, Purdue, UND, Middle Tenn State, and a few others. I graduated from Riddle and I'm so mad at myself for not minoring in ATC. I never thought I would want to sit in front of a scope all day. Hearing from her everyday about how great the job is has quickly changed my mind!

Thanks to all who have already responded!!

Kerveball said:
Also, to add to the mix my fiance works as a controller at ATL Center, so I'm dying to be in the Atlanta area with her too!

Do us all a favor if you come to ASA, please refrain from using eachother's pet names on the radio....ok, Snooky Ookums? :blush:

Hopefully you wont be the captain that gets stuck with me after her and I just had a big fight. We'll be holding for hours!!! haha

From what you say it sounds like you are at the top of the pool. If this is the case you will probably be one of the first to know about new classes. They typically give a 3 week call out for new hires.

zawillif said:
From what you say it sounds like you are at the top of the pool. If this is the case you will probably be one of the first to know about new classes. They typically give a 3 week call out for new hires.

Someone from the hiring department told me yesterday they would be surprised if they don't get a call in the next few weeks telling them to get a class going.

That being said, who knows... I think ASA, SkyWest, and Delta are taking a nice, deep breath to see where the next step will be. Eventually they will have to run a class, but it could very well not be until February. They've hired so many instructors lately that you know the company expects to be training new hires, which means they expect new aircraft.

If you have a job in hand, you would probably be advised to take it given the industry. Perhaps you could call Eagle and see if they could postpone your class by a month. That would give you time to wait for ASA. You run the risk of losing the offer though, so think carefully before you make that call.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back