Asa Cancels 10-20 Flts Aday=no Crew

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

ASA is cancelling 10-20 flights a day for lack of CREWS.. READ morning reports off of myasa...

They are extending us and punishing us for their lack of planning.. Would it be funny if they had alot of sick calls too this month....

Settle the contract ASA and we might come to work PROUD!!

off myasa ASA BREAKS RECORD boarding record---AGAIN..??

BUT employees get nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really burns me up too. myASA boasts record after record for boardings and Skip is always patting us on the back for our performance in his weekly update. Hey, Skip, why don't you spend less time writing updates and PROVE how much you appreciate us. Contract now!

Morning Reports?

Scarlet,

I am sitting here on my nice airport appreciation break and can't seem to find the morning reports section on MYASA. Any chance of getting directions or a link. Appreciate it.

777JP

on main page on the far left OPS SUMMARY

FULL ops report available here click on it and it gives you alot of options

click on morning reports and then click like last thursday...

WE have ONE yes ONE reserve F.O> this month on the 70 seater-if you guys missed that and that is b/c he bid it....

You would think that it wouldn't be hard to find people when the mins are 600 hrs. Plus it doesn't seem like a bad place to work. How senior is SLC?

Scarlet & WWEfan,

As long as you guys are busting your butts to cover the company's mistakes, why would the co. be in such a rush to hire more people? Skip is getting the performance numbers he needs. You aren't giving him a reason to hire more pilots. Take the time to do your job in an appropriate and professional manner. If this means flights leave late, then that's the price to co. pays for not properly staffing the pilot group.

I'm not bashing your efforts to be good employees and provide your passengers the service they deserve. I was the same way the first few months at Comair. After speaking with a few wise captains, I sat back, took off my pilots hat and put on my management hat. I had the same gripes you have. As long as I bust my butt to cover the company's mistake, why would it hire more pilots? When appropriate, let the co. see where there is a problem(improper staffing, plane changes...) by late departures, arrivals, cancelled flights, missed DHs, etc. Just make sure your reasons are justified. (Knock on wood)This has worked for me many times. Never had a problem, but was always prepared to justify the reason.

WWEfan said:
This really burns me up too. myASA boasts record after record for boardings and Skip is always patting us on the back for our performance in his weekly update. Hey, Skip, why don't you spend less time writing updates and PROVE how much you appreciate us. Contract now!

Not to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but record boarding really don't mean anything. ASA could have record boardings, but if those passengers are being flown at a loss, then it really doesn't matter.

As for your contract, ASA's management has little control. You'll get your contract when Ma' Delta is good and ready. Right now, Ma' Delta has bigger problems...like a looming bankruptcy.

Latest resources

Back