Asa Cancels 10-20 Flts Aday=no Crew

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
Or, the company could settle the outstanding contracts, treat the employees with a little respect and dignity, and have employee groups that are happy to be at work and taking care of the problems that crop up, rather than employees that don't really care what happens because they feel that ton company doesn't care. SWA made it to where they are in large part by taking care of their people. No other airline seems to be able to figure out what a huge difference that can make. Employee morale is a huge factor in any type of business, but because the bean counters can't show a direct effect on the bottom line management won't try to improve it.

ASA has always had an agtagonistic relationship with it's employees, it's the only way they know how to opperate. Once you come to work here, (especiallya s a pilot) you are the enemy, and will be treated as such. They WANT to drive you away after a few years and replace you with a cheaper employee.....career employees are NOT valued, and NOT welcomed.....go away.

:cool: Crashpad: You are not really thinking this through! Where do you think that you are going to go? Very few people are hiring and if your not ex-mil or have given "Head" to someone in HR somewhere, you are not going anywhere either!! We need to get a large raise, better quality of life, and more control over our Sched. That's just to start, and don't forget about the 100% BACKPAY!!!!!Yeah, I know about the mgnt. game of dragging it out, but enough is enough! Why would you want to do it to the detriment of your company? You have two very important groups (pilots/FA) in negotiations right now and we are not happy!! They need to get off their ASSES (...hey, what do you know, you really can say ASS....hee....hee) and get us WHAT IS OWED TO US!!!
We should all be very PISSED right now!
If they were smart, they would get things rolling right along, because I believe that we have all had enough!
:mad:

Everyone start using your sick time!!!!!!!!!

FLY SAFE---I've noticed a increase in write ups---

Burn those lights--Burn that APU..

They pay 1.5 because they are short--well people would come to work and they could save that money and more people would apply here if it was settled--You wants to work here, long up grade, no pay raise in sight, pilots hate their company right now....might be why people are going to COEX. Chaq.???

scarlet said:
Everyone start using your sick time!!!!!!!!!

FLY SAFE---I've noticed a increase in write ups---

Burn those lights--Burn that APU..

yeah, write it up!

Crash Pad said:
I won't compare southwest to ASA for several reasons. While the Southwest model works the Northwest, UAL, DAL, CAL, Eastern, Braniff, TWA, and American model seem to be struggling.

Horizon... Great company... Know a couple of people who work there. I'm not sure getting paid a few bucks an hour more in exchange for a 10 year upgrade is worth it. Same story at comair. Not putting a plane on the property for three years doesn't help you out in the long run.

I agree with the sentiment. Quite frankly I know I'm worth 1,000 dollars an hour. A five dollar raise that puts upgrade five years away doesn't seem like a good trade. I'm sure Captains would disagree. I still have hopes and dreams of shopping that PIC turbine around and seeing what I can get on the free agency market.

All I am saying is I think management is trying. I still believe that nobody in ops wakes up in the morning and says "Ok it's 8 AM how can we screw the pilots... Hurry up I've got a 9 AM meeting on screwing the rampers." Do they drag out the contract talks YES because that is what I would do if I ran a company. I get the same product for more money if I settle quick. If I thought paying the pilots five bucks more and giving them more time off and a blow job after every leg would make more money and stop me from canceling flights then I would do it. I think we owe it to them to try our hardest so the team acheves a goal. Usually money in capitalism follows the most efficient operation. (Southwest model)
I'm not saying rollover and play dead. Pay your union dues. They negotiate in good faith and go on strike when it comes to that.

Crash Pad,

In theory your way of thinking would be correct, but history proves otherwise! ASA management is a puppet show, just like CMR management, real management comes from the "VA Ave. Kremlin." An example of this is the new wt. & bal. issues we will face towards the end of the summer. If we don't have a more precise way of calculating CG then PAX wt. will go up yet again. We have the PDA all set up and ready to go, we just need a check from DAL for $270,000 written out to Dell for the PDA's. The savings the PDA will bring would cover the cost in 6 months under normal conditions, 4 months if using contaminated, etc. DAL won't part with the cash though, somewhat understandable. ASA has record boardings, and just about every flight I do is 3/4 full or greater. ASA is probably making money, so why do we need DAL's OK and $$$ for the PDA's? It is going to be front line employees dealing with all the BS because our max is 25 and 30 with 7000 lbs. of fuel to go SDF from ATL. If there were no fix then you find one, we have a fix but can't shell out $270,000 for it, shows who the boss is in my book.

Parlay this in to labor situations. History tells us that DAL is willing to stonewall it's DCI labor groups. CMR struck for 89 days which cost DAL over double what the CMR pilots were seeking in a 4 year deal. So yeah, I think there are few goobers over there at the GO like CT and TH (puppets of Ford & Harrison) who relish in the opportunity to f*ck us any time they can, I dare say the "mother ship" probably compensates these 2 failed abortions quite well for their efforts.

My $.02 anyway.

Cheers

What good is giving the gate a max of 45.6 passengers and 58.3 bags, from a PDA software program, when the gate will always board more anyway. There is major touble in ATL and most other stations regarding max payloads. It shows up on the release, you can call it in, you can do whatever. The bottom line is that ASA can't run a smooth operation to save their lives, and $270,000 will do nothing. A huge waste of money, and Delta is spot on in denying that expenditure. You can come up with the best technology on the market, but ASA will find a way to cancel out all the positive effects. ASA has people problems and thats it. Just have a look around next time you are at the gate, on the ramp, talking with your dispatcher, or whatever. Its a mickey mouse operation, and that will never change. Just fly by the book, and let yourself be entertained by the ASA circus...

Plug said:
Crash Pad,

The savings the PDA will bring would cover the cost in 6 months under normal conditions, 4 months if using contaminated, etc.

I don't dispute your numbers, but how would a PDA save us all this money? The Dispatchers should look at loads and adjust fuel accordingly. We also have cornerstone on the gate's computers, so we should be able to perform load calculations just like big D. I was told the reason we do not employ this tool is that the Company does not trust the gate agents to do it correctly ( no kidding, they don't know the number of pax on the airplane 1 out of 5 times ). I'm just wondering why we do not use the tools we already have - or hire people with smarts enough to put the numbers into cornerstone.

I run a simple weight spreadsheet in my PDA to help figure up max loads for the gate. It is useful when bringing carry on luggage back to the cabin to meet the weight requirements and has saved many a nonrev and jumpseater from being left behind.

I know nothing about the Company's PDA idea, tell us more.

If we were park on D, near Starbucks, we could send times over the network and avoid the dreaded "call crew scheduling" reply.

~~~^~~~

OK people, quit the bitching and help me get a "F...ing" job!
I have send my resume to those "F...ers" like 30 times and no response, I have enough time to get on with them however the seem to dislike Mexican"
Can any body give me an Idea here? How about you scarlet?

flying mexican said:
OK people, quit the bitching and help me get a "F...ing" job!
I have send my resume to those "F...ers" like 30 times and no response, I have enough time to get on with them however the seem to dislike Mexican"
Can any body give me an Idea here? How about you scarlet?

How about you get a clue! Getting an airline job is more about attitude than about time. Seems like you are lacking in both areas.

Latest resources

Back