• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA callback rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those 50 seaters are hx. Delta wants nothing to do with them. They will furlough in the fall and so will we. The economy is not going to get any better. Being negative? No. Just realistic. Sucks for those that are layed off. Sucks for those that will be. Sucks for those that are 5 year F/O's that will be 6 year F/O's and maybe even 7. Think differently? Nobody knows. Dont think that you do. I hate it. So does everyone else that is waiting to upgrade or be recalled. Keep your teller job. May be better in the long run.

You really think captains' open time has any bearing on furloughed FO's?

Noooo, but the fact that IPs are flying the line as FOs, but still getting paid as captains, certainly is affecting the furloughed FO's.

Why again is this happening?

Those 50 seaters are hx. Delta wants nothing to do with them. They will furlough in the fall and so will we. The economy is not going to get any better. Being negative? No. Just realistic. Sucks for those that are layed off. Sucks for those that will be. Sucks for those that are 5 year F/O's that will be 6 year F/O's and maybe even 7. Think differently? Nobody knows. Dont think that you do. I hate it. So does everyone else that is waiting to upgrade or be recalled. Keep your teller job. May be better in the long run.

Delta as in mainline will furlough? I doubt it, costs too much now. Hope for the best for my former ASA guys.

Noooo, but the fact that IPs are flying the line as FOs, but still getting paid as captains, certainly is affecting the furloughed FO's.

Yup. Bunch of BS. If you are getting paid to be a CA, get your sorry tail in the left and act like it. If you are not competent enough because you've spent your whole life in the training department, get paid FO pay.

The main reason is the contract allows it. Some IP's are bidding FO lines because they can get there top choices. As Captains they would not be senior enough to hold what they want. Fair? As I said before the contract and company allows it. Lets be honest, if any of us were relatively junior ip's, we would probably do the same thing. Not saying I like it, but I can certainly understand it.

The main reason is the contract allows it. Some IP's are bidding FO lines because they can get there top choices. As Captains they would not be senior enough to hold what they want. Fair? As I said before the contract and company allows it. Lets be honest, if any of us were relatively junior ip's, we would probably do the same thing. Not saying I like it, but I can certainly understand it.

I believe the IPs were told to bid FO lines because of the shortage of FOs (something to do with furloughing maybe?) Also, there's not exactly a lot of training going on right now...

From one IP, they are being told / assigned to the right seat. Not by their choice.

question...

if an IP bids a line and is junior to me, does he get it ahead of me as an FO?

The way I read the contract; no, they should not. I don't believe that there are any IP's left that are junior enough to put an existing 200 FO in that situation, though. I could, and probably am, be wrong on this.

Latest resources

Back