• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA=Back to crap trips...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question of the day: What would you rather have, a red arrow restricted line or be put back on reserve?

Because if you're a bottom of the pack lineholder and were screaming about red arrows, you're going to get what you asked for and as a result you and half the pilot group will be on reserve.

If you were put back on reserve and enough reserves were on the list, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Question of the day: What would you rather have, a red arrow restricted line or be put back on reserve?

Because if you're a bottom of the pack lineholder and were screaming about red arrows, you're going to get what you asked for and as a result you and half the pilot group will be on reserve.

Ding Ding Ding.......

And we have a winner! This is exactly where I fall, and I would kill for one of your red arrow lines!

BTW, the pay difference from when I was a lineholder to reserve is roughly $1,200/month net! BIG HIT!

Thought you guys were going to get great trips, once you voted PBS in?

Ahhhhhh, ballstein!!!! Maybe I'm just drunk but you crack me up, man. That PBS dealy ain't in until October, though. How's concourse A in cvg doing?

P.s. That comma in between "trips" and "once" was ignorantly unnecessary. Don't worry. We can read down to your level ;) xxoo

Last edited:
Hard truth time, but is it better for the overall pilot group for there to be more reserves or fewer red arrow days? It's not pleasant, but for the majority of the pilot group, it is better to have fewer restricted days and more people on reserve.

Yes, it's inconvenient to not be able to swap your schedule due to red arrow days. Got it. Compared to not having a job at all, it's a livable situation.

An airline, or any business, for that matter, does not exist solely to provide its employees with a high quality of life. A business exists primarily to satisfy the needs of the shareholders of that business.

Hard truth time, but is it better for the overall pilot group for there to be more reserves or fewer red arrow days? It's not pleasant, but for the majority of the pilot group, it is better to have fewer restricted days and more people on reserve.

Yes, it's inconvenient to not be able to swap your schedule due to red arrow days. Got it. Compared to not having a job at all, it's a livable situation.

An airline, or any business, for that matter, does not exist solely to provide its employees with a high quality of life. A business exists primarily to satisfy the needs of the shareholders of that business.

Even with me on being on Furlough, this is well said.

This was only a demonstration that we MUST all do four-days. Personally, I'd rather have the trip variety than non red arrow days. However, it was only a demonstration for your pleasure.

Really, I thought airlines were supposed to bow to our every need like fly 767's to MLB and 380's to HNL hourly so there would be no commuting or vacation issues.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back