• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA=Back to crap trips...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It has been 30 mins since the memo came out-I cannot believe I am the first one to notice this. CT wrote a very thoughtful, considerate memo about Red Arrow Days. He also mentioned that in June "line values will be going up, to increase reserve availability."

This means-welcome back to crap 4 days!

-What a great deal-either work good trips with no possibility of a swap-due to "red arrow days," or work crap 4-day trips with no possibility of a swap due to flight time limits! You will LOVE PBS at this dump!

-YAAAY!

Read the full memo; ASA is retooling the Red Arrow system.

I contend that if they would breakup four days in open time they'd get more trips covered.

Neither is ok!! When the top guy can't get more than 14 days off and nothing but 4-days with EVERY day being a red arrow day? It's NOT ok
I'm nowhere near the "top" and I could have 17 days off with 82 hrs credit OR 12 days off (2 of those trips end in ATL at 8am or earlier...another day off to my way of thinking..so its really like 14+ days off) and 107 hrs credit....no complaints here.

unless you're reeeally low on the list, it is what you make it.

What is a Red arrow day?? sorry just curious

A red arrow day how a day is designated on ASA's scheduling software to denote a day either restricted or with low reserve coverage. Some people want a little bit of relief while other think ASA should basing their staffing on who wants to swap trips and or not work. It is a tough line to walk between being efficient and allowing pilots to swap trips. My personal belief is that the company has blatantly crossed the line. I understand the concerns from the company but they are getting to the point of leaving a dollar behind to grab that shiny nickle.

What's a typical four-day trip worth, say one that starts before noon and ends after 6PM?

It really depends... Some months, it is worth more than a 3-day-bt some months, it is worth less. I have seen some 4 days as low as 15 hours. Those are the onles I hate-you are not at home, AND you are not making any money!!

Go to the marina and its a very nice overnight. All is what you make of it.
Get a real job if you hate it so much. Junority SUCKS. Just ask the guys at USair (east) on the bottom with a 86 DOH.

Seeing as I livein TRI, its my favorite overnight. But yeah have the Laquinta take you to Lake View Marina. You'll have a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back