• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA=Back to crap trips...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The marina is fun-heard there is some winery around there also. i guess we hijack this into a TRI overnight things to do thread

Lake View Marina; sounds good. And as for you IUSETOCHEKEM; I was not complaining so do the right thing and farkoff.

ASA needs to call back some guys to fix the mess they are in.

Not quite, they could raise line values and, voila, problem solved. They aren't calling furloughs back because there is no shortage of pilots.

Wrong.

They do need to bring back some people.

Actually, you are incorrect. The line values have hovered around the high 70's to low 80's. Reserves are being used in the 50-70 hour range with a handful going over block, there is plenty of room to increase utilization. Last month only 3-4 captains went over reserve on the 700. First step, line values, if they add 10 hours to each line they will cover an additional 1700 hours on the 700 and about 3300 hours on the 50, divide that back by 85 hours (for the line value) and you create 20-25 'positions' on the 70 which can go into reserve, on the 50 you get about 50 positions. Then fly all of those positions (they're sitting reserve) up to block along with the normal number of reserves and you can absorb a huge increase in flying. So, you are incorrect, we are not understaffed. I didn't say I like it, or defend it, but it is the most efficient/profitable way to run an airline. Unless, of course, out of sympathy, you'd like to run the whole thing into the ground and, subsuquently, watch 1600 pilot jobs go away. This is the new reality, it's what efficient managment does. The trick they're not factoring in is that you slowly destroy moral which starts to play havoc with other factors. Judging from Charlie's email, they recognize that and have increased line block hours.

Gzzzzzzzzzz gripe gripe gripe.. ya work for years and spend thousands to do something you "used" to love to do.. and now all some of you do is try to figure out how not fly....... Some here complain about not being paid while not being at home... boo hoo... really..

Try being at home and not being paid at all... ever.... try it in this economy.... For once I would like to come to this board and see something positive come out of the mouths of you guys and gals lucky enough to still have a job.. not to mention doing something you Love to do..

count your blessing for a change...

Remember there are millions on the street and no work to be found..

This is straight from the FI King!!! A job he surely feels "blessed" to have.

Smiles and hugs all around!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back