• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ATR question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We went in to VPS one time on a ferry flight - captain told me to bring it to a stop before the arresting wire (1500') - I made it.

The best thing about the ATR are the crews, especially the ones at ASA. They could turn a 15 hour overnight in Dothan into something fun. I miss those days.

Call it what you want. Not too many airplanes can carry a payload almost equal to their empty weight.

You have that right... The biggest thing I miss about the ATR as opposed to the Dash 8. Never seemed to have the W&B issues in Frenchy that we do on the Dash.

The best thing about the ATR are the crews, especially the ones at ASA. They could turn a 15 hour overnight in Dothan into something fun. I miss those days.

Even better were the long overnights in VPS with the lazy river, hot tub, and beach right outside.

You know, the square cupholders work pretty darn good for the small plastic cups that Eagle uses to serve it's passenger....and no, they're not square too.

Ever get a GCU that went ape $hit...it would fault and then reset so fast that it sounded like a machine gun. then you turn off that gen...and the BTC wouldn't close...and then it was real dark. haha.

At COEX we used to get a DC GEN 2 fault whenever we got to close to the world trade center while going VFR up the hudson. Damn Hall Effects Sensor!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back