ASA April Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's the pairings, not the lines.

Weak pairings result in few days off whether PBS built the lines or people did.

I understand that but here at XJT we are already averaging over 5 hrs of productivity per day, problem in the average line value is 88hrs. You can't get more than 12 days off here because everyone is flying so much. I was lucky to get 14 days off with 100 hrs of pay. So we don't have the weak pairing problem but a restricted bidding option at XJT.

He clearly said he had 15 days off, not 10...go back and read it again.

AQP is 4 days once a year.

Ok I misunderstood then. So he got 10 consecutive days off, then AQP, then another 5 days off for the rest of the month? My other question about training on days off still stands though. How do they figure that out?

Ok I misunderstood then. So he got 10 consecutive days off, then AQP, then another 5 days off for the rest of the month? My other question about training on days off still stands though. How do they figure that out?

Good god, man. "10 days off after aqp" is what the man said. Leads one to believe the aqp comes before his days off.

That's what I meant to say. Question still stands.

Training is assigned/bid for before pbs is run. Then it is a pre-assigned credit of 16 hours when you are bidding for the month, and it will build your schedule around whatever training or known absences that you have.

Also, got what I wanted, top 30% 700, right seat.

Training is assigned/bid for before pbs is run. Then it is a pre-assigned credit of 16 hours when you are bidding for the month, and it will build your schedule around whatever training or known absences that you have.

Also, got what I wanted, top 30% 700, right seat.

Thanks for answering. How does PBS determine how many days off you get in a training month and in a non-training month?

Thanks for answering. How does PBS determine how many days off you get in a training month and in a non-training month?

The bidder can determine specific days he wants off, however the number of days off really boils down to the credit hours of the trips the bidder is awarded. When you bid, you select your "personal credit threshold". When this credit number is reached, your line is complete. In theory, if you select 75 hours as a PTC and are awarded a dayline that is worth 75 hours, then you are now working one day that month and have the rest of that month off. Obviously, 75 hour credit trips do not exist, but that is how I would explain it to a child.

More realistically, if you are awarded 4 4-days worth 18.75 hours each with a PTC of 75, you will have 14 days off in a 30 day month.

The problem we are having is determining whether PBS is causing the company to build crappy pairings or if it is mere coincidence. Me? I'm torn. I've gotten what I've wanted 3 months in a row but I'm unhappy with the pairings and am working much more in March than in February to make the same.

My question to you is, why do you ask? You've taken your stance on the pbs issue already and only seem quasi-interested for the purpose of pimping your own agenda.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back