• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA April Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, I'm not sue how many times it needs to be covered. The system is NOT the reason why XJT went into a loss. When a company does a IPO/pump and dump at at a cost + 10% agreement, THEN comes back later and wants to operate at "cost neutral" agreement, but's actually a "cost negative agreement", what do you expect?

You are purposely putting it in simple terms but it was a lot more sinister than that. And Skywest Airlines had a lot to do with that "cost negative agreement."

It amazes me that some people like speedtape don't realize how much we have already benefited ASA in their contract despite being bought at a "fire sale." We brought some leverage to their table and it has already paid off in no cost items to them such as better scope and commuter policy. The fact that we were bought at a fire sale adds leverage to begin with but some people are too scared to see it I guess. Hopefully some of them don't undermine the leverage we do have left in this joint negotiations.

Last edited:
You are purposely putting it in simple terms but it was a lot more sinister than that. And Skywest Airlines had a lot to do with that "cost negative agreement."

It amazes me that some people like speedtape don't realize how much we have already benefited ASA in their contract despite being bought at a "fire sale." We brought some leverage to their table and it has already paid off in no cost items to them such as better scope and commuter policy. The fact that we were bought at a fire sale adds leverage to begin with but some people are too scared to see it I guess. Hopefully some of them don't undermine the leverage we do have left in this joint negotiations.

Indeed I did my man. But as you alluded to in your second paragraph, tossing in WHO I quoted, it was just easier that way. Sometimes ya gotta keep it real simple for the simple folk.

It amazes me that some people like speedtape don't realize how much we have already benefited ASA in their contract despite being bought at a "fire sale."
Somone's gonna to have to explain it to me, I 'm not sure I know what it means. You say we benefitted from your purchase, it sure isn't translating into greens. What say you?

We brought some leverage to their table and it has already paid off in no cost items to them such as better scope and commuter policy.
Actually, our scope did not change, but now you have the benefit of it. The better commuter policy translates into more pain on the pilot group and those who show up for work. Who do you think is going to cover the trip faliures? Now, responsible pilots have to cover trips for those who exploit the commuter policy. All it did was license the Company to shift the burden.

The fact that we were bought at a fire sale adds leverage to begin with but some people are too scared to see it I guess. Hopefully some of them don't undermine the leverage we do have left in this joint negotiations.

From what I hear, your negotiators only want to work 3 days a week, and then spend their time in the sessions surfing the internet. Is that the representation you deserve? They are undermining the leverage, or perceived leverage.

Tell them to take it seriously! Your job is at stake.

So you're saying we should go with the Skywest system since Skywest bought Xjt?

You got it all wrong! Skywest/ASA SAVED Xjt and the Xjt pilot jobs. Otherwise, you would be applying somewhere else by now.

You don't have to go along with anything. However, they don't have to merge our groups. I am good with that! Keep your costly Add pay. It will be your demise--not ours!

Somone's gonna to have to explain it to me, I 'm not sure I know what it means. You say we benefitted from your purchase, it sure isn't translating into greens. What say you?

Nevets covered it for you;

We brought some leverage to their table and it has already paid off in no cost items to them such as better scope and commuter policy.

Actually, our scope did not change, but now you have the benefit of it. The better commuter policy translates into more pain on the pilot group and those who show up for work. Who do you think is going to cover the trip faliures? Now, responsible pilots have to cover trips for those who exploit the commuter policy. All it did was license the Company to shift the burden.

Seriously, the ASA commuter policy language just got better, and you're b1tching? You claim to have read the ASA and XJT CBA's side by side, and claim that the ASA CBA is better. Now, more than ever, I have to call B.S. the claim that you've read the XJT CBA at all.

From what I hear, your negotiators only want to work 3 days a week, and then spend their time in the sessions surfing the internet. Is that the representation you deserve? They are undermining the leverage, or perceived leverage.

That's OK, from what I hear, your negotiators are willing to bend over and take it straight up the poop shoot on the JCBA under the guise and fear tactic that management has already started playing. I'm glad I don't believe everything I hear though.

Originally Posted by Nevets

It amazes me that some people like speedtape don't realize how much we have already benefited ASA in their contract despite being bought at a "fire sale."

The fact that we were bought at a fire sale adds leverage to begin with but some people are too scared to see it I guess. Hopefully some of them don't undermine the leverage we do have left in this joint negotiations.

Tell them to take it seriously! Your job is at stake.

First, let me say that if Skywest didn't see the value in XJT, they wouldn't have bought XJT. They put out a whole cute little power point presentation professing their love of the transaction for all their investors to see and gush over. The greens will come from Skywest's admitted savings of $35-70M annually on top of the $15.6M already gained. Second, the examples I was specifically talking about were benefits to the ASA pilot group itself in the two areas that can be pointed to as proof. One being your new scope language and the other being the your new commuter policy. And the benefits XJT gets in regards to scope? Yay, we get to protect 70% of our aircraft from being transferred to Skywest Airlines!:rolleyes: As for exploiting the commuter policy? If you want to call using your terms of employment as exploiting, then I guess you can go ahead and exploit your rate of pay, minimum days off, monthly guarantee, etc. Arguments can be made that there are other benefits to the ASA pilots but those will just be opinion until a joint contract is ratified so I wont go into that right now.

As for the negotiating protocols, those were negotiated with your NC as well. Its the same document that tells you how your scope has changed. You should try reading it. Take it seriously! Its your job at stake.

You got it all wrong! Skywest/ASA SAVED Xjt and the Xjt pilot jobs. Otherwise, you would be applying somewhere else by now.

You don't have to go along with anything. However, they don't have to merge our groups. I am good with that! Keep your costly Add pay. It will be your demise--not ours!

That's fine if that's the way it is or perceived. I'm fine with either you dealing with us or staying separate. They may as well just start transferring airplanes now because its my guess that the XJT pilot group will not vote for another concession. I've got plan B and C.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back