• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA April Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that be the problem at ASEY, co wants as much control over QOL as possible and uses pairings, OT, and no trade/pickups til reserves get their schedule. line holders should be able to swap like XJT and then reserves get wat be left, sorry reserves, but that be the way it should be working

u sofa king we todd did

At very best, this is only tangentially true.

ALPA built a solution, and the company built a solution. The decision was made to go with the ALPA solution.

Exactly how is that tangentially true, and not actually true?

I understand why ALPA doesn't want people to know they built the pairings. It is much harder to blame the company that way.

ALPA built a solution, and the company built a solution. The decision was made to go with the ALPA solution.

I understand why ALPA doesn't want people to know they built the pairings. It is much harder to blame the company that way.

If the ALPA pairings were bad I shudder to think the misery that would have been caused by the company's pairings.

Maybe for you, you got everything you wanted. But not everyone gets everything they wanted because their seniority didn't allow it. Their in lies one problem. Just read Redan's post above. In our system, he would have the opportunity to trade, move days off, drop, and or pick up all types of trips. The point is that in our system, I can trade my 18 hour 4 day for the 18 hour 3 day or the 12 hour 2 day or even a 7 hour day trip. I can do that even though my seniority didn't allow me to hold any of those trips. And even if its flexible enough, what is wrong with even more flexibility? Or are you of the mind that you are currently paid enough so no need to try to improve pay? Not much effort goes into our trip trading and the flexibility of it vastly outweighs whatever effort you would perceive out of trading, dropping, and picking up trips your seniority wouldn't allow on your original line anyways. I only spend about 30 minutes as well and to many of us, that time is not wasted when you can improve our lines with the flexibility we have to do it. And lastly, the system is so flexible that if its too much effort and waste of a time, no one forces you to improve your line. Just bid a reasonable amount of lines that your seniority would be able to hold and your done.

Bless his heart! Redan is still learning how to bid, and that's ok because he is creating quality of life for those below him. Bless his heart!

Run Redan, Run!

Punk'n, have you ever heard the term crap in crap out? It's all about the raw materials used. Credit on our legs averages about 1:15. How can you do much better? Longer legs would be the key. Our Mother Ship commanders do not want us to have longer legs because that would make us more profitable. They are playing the game of slowly shrinking us into unprofitability, one leg at a time. Now find someone else to blame!

Punk'n, have you ever heard the term crap in crap out? It's all about the raw materials used. Credit on our legs averages about 1:15. How can you do much better? Longer legs would be the key. Our Mother Ship commanders do not want us to have longer legs because that would make us more profitable. They are playing the game of slowly shrinking us into unprofitability, one leg at a time. Now find someone else to blame!

Crap in crap out. For a second there I thought you were talking about our ALPA leaders.

See, that's my concern with PBS (I'm XJT) - no flexibility.

This month, although I was awarded a crappy 12 day off 95 hour line; it took me two minutes in the initial line improvement window to get a 17 day off, 80 hour line with all 18 hour productive easy 3-day trips (with recurrent on the days I requested and six days off in a row on the days I wanted for a wedding in Europe).

If they're offering 200% I can pick IF I feel like it. Not saying that you can do it every month but in general it works.

All in all, that took me FIVE minutes: 2 minutes to bid my line (using the automatic line sorting tool) and three minutes in the ILIW (most of which was spent practicing hitting the "trade" button within a one second window)

Well, maybe in our next life, when Xjet buys us, we can get your system. I think your system is one of many reasons you were bought at a fire sale. I am not kicking dirt on you, but it's the reality of the new world order. There is an addendum to an old saying: "If it's too good to be true, and it is, then like good weather, it want last long!"

I like your system, but not at the cost of my job. It almost cost you, yours. With this acquistion, we are all making sacrifices. I would rather have my job than stand in an unemployment line. I've bee there, done that, and don't want to do it again.

Crap in crap out. For a second there I thought you were talking about our ALPA leaders.

Haha As long as I have been here, there are pilots in the group that always like to bash those who they elected into positions to represent us. If one uses the sorry excuse that one didn't vote, guess what? You helped elect them even through no pariticipation through default.

I have always made it a point to vote, and also to get to know them. Some have been better than others, but I respect them all for giving their time to trying to make a difference.

Enough said.

Well, maybe in our next life, when Xjet buys us, we can get your system. I think your system is one of many reasons you were bought at a fire sale. I am not kicking dirt on you, but it's the reality of the new world order. There is an addendum to an old saying: "If it's too good to be true, and it is, then like good weather, it want last long!"

I like your system, but not at the cost of my job. It almost cost you, yours. With this acquistion, we are all making sacrifices. I would rather have my job than stand in an unemployment line. I've bee there, done that, and don't want to do it again.
Agree man

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back