• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA April Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, maybe in our next life, when Xjet buys us, we can get your system. I think your system is one of many reasons you were bought at a fire sale. I am not kicking dirt on you, but it's the reality of the new world order. There is an addendum to an old saying: "If it's too good to be true, and it is, then like good weather, it want last long!"

I like your system, but not at the cost of my job. It almost cost you, yours. With this acquistion, we are all making sacrifices. I would rather have my job than stand in an unemployment line. I've bee there, done that, and don't want to do it again.

So you're saying we should go with the Skywest system since Skywest bought Xjt?

Anyone who thinks Expressjet's contract is the reason they were in bankruptcy is brainwashed!!! The problem was they had a bad situation thrown on them by Continental. The Expressjet pilots actually had a good contract and want to make it better in the merger. Seems like ASA pilots want to keep acting like they don't want those Expressjet guys over here, they are asking for too much!!!! This attitude is killing any chance we have of getting anything accomplished in our JCBA.
1. Expressjet contract is not the reason for bankruptcy the load factor was, more planes and way less passengers than ASA.
2. ASA is profitable, even during the merger which is unusual for airlines, and you better believe accountants can be pretty creative when they want numbers to look a certain way. I know, I am one.
I want better than Expressjet's old contract and I am more than willing to fight for just that!! As for those who would rather keep their job than fight for a better contract, are you kidding me?? Btw, I just spoke to someone on ASA's merger committee who told me he had personally gone to CT and told him the Expressjet pilot's were asking for too much!!! Whaaaat?? The ranks are split already?? Love to hear from everyone who said he may be an jerk, but he is our jerk!! Lets see, everyone who ever flew with him hates him, but he will be really good in a merger!!! Nice logic, The ASA pilot group needs to grow some and quickly because it ain't getting any better without that happening!!!

Well, maybe in our next life, when Xjet buys us, we can get your system. I think your system is one of many reasons you were bought at a fire sale. I am not kicking dirt on you, but it's the reality of the new world order. There is an addendum to an old saying: "If it's too good to be true, and it is, then like good weather, it want last long!"

I like your system, but not at the cost of my job. It almost cost you, yours. With this acquistion, we are all making sacrifices. I would rather have my job than stand in an unemployment line. I've bee there, done that, and don't want to do it again.

For time immemorial airline managements have strenuously labored to build the illusion that the pilot's (or FA's or mechanic's or you fill in the blank) contract is going to bankrupt the company, or lately the line is make it non-competitive. With a few exceptions mostly at major airlines, this is always complete hogwash. What is so very sad and disappointing is when you see pilots who actually buy into this giant pile of crap. Very sad indeed.

With the opening of April open time today I had hoped to somehow improve on the heinous award I mentioned earlier in this thread. Of course as I should have expected this was nothing but a complete waste of time...as usual. The results: a list of "Insufficient Reserve Coverage."

Yeah, I really want to be a part of the ASA "system." It sounds great! LOL.

Get one thing straight, when you talk about this "system," this is your management's concoction, not yours. It's them, against us. We ASA/XJT pilots have more in common then you guys do with your management. Why you want to aim low is beyond me, I'm sure management appreciates it. Fortunately I think the majority of ASA/XJT pilots will want what's BEST, and not what is part of the status quo Acey "System."

Yeah, I really want to be a part of the ASA "system." It sounds great! LOL.

Get one thing straight, when you talk about this "system," this is your management's concoction, not yours. It's them, against us. We ASA/XJT pilots have more in common then you guys do with your management. Why you want to aim low is beyond me, I'm sure management appreciates it. Fortunately I think the majority of ASA/XJT pilots will want what's BEST, and not what is part of the status quo Acey "System."

Great. How bout you a-holes drop the swinging dick routine? I've seen your pilot group. You're just as ugly and retarded as my colleagues at ASA.

With the opening of April open time today I had hoped to somehow improve on the heinous award I mentioned earlier in this thread. Of course as I should have expected this was nothing but a complete waste of time...as usual. The results: a list of "Insufficient Reserve Coverage."

What are you talking about? You've been able to pick up open time since the 21st

What are you talking about? You've been able to pick up open time since the 21st

Talking about Live Open Time which opened 4 days early this month. Seniority based open time from the 21st only allows day for day swaps.

Well, maybe in our next life, when Xjet buys us, we can get your system. I think your system is one of many reasons you were bought at a fire sale.

Man, I'm not sue how many times it needs to be covered. The system is NOT the reason why XJT went into a loss. When a company does a IPO/pump and dump at at a cost + 10% agreement, THEN comes back later and wants to operate at "cost neutral" agreement, but's actually a "cost negative agreement", what do you expect?

There is an addendum to an old saying: "If it's too good to be true, and it is, then like good weather, it want last long!"

Good point, and if the PBS system ever becomes too lucrative for the pilots, or the company realizes the inefficiency that the vacation drop language provides to the pilots, keep that sentiment in mind.

Latest resources

Back