ASA and Greencards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ace -

To problem is not immigrant pilots, the problem is pilots willing to work for nothing and/or pay for their training and type ratings. I made more $$ flying my (super ;) ) king air 16 days a month then pipejockey flying his SJS CRJ 80 hours a month.

Also, you think that it is the fault of Americans flying for Emirates that they have sh*ty duty times right now and BS schedules and rest times ?

of course not, it's the result of a sh*ty market, and pilots in general willing to bent over for management way to easy.

Be safe.
FD

Last edited:
AceCrackshot said:
My personal issue with greencard pilots (vs. naturalized citizens) is that it is a easy, non-discrimitory way to start to limit the number of pilots in the US. The only way for pilot wages to return to a living level, especially in the 135 world, with any kind of structural stability is limit the number of pilots in the system.

My issue is defending a profession while we still have one to defend.

Well, guess what I am GC pilot and missed two class dates ebcause of the stupid TSA rule. Why? Because someone needed a window dressing measure to make sure 9/11 didn't happen again.. As a person who had a student visa, h1b visa and then green card i have been checked by any 3 letter agency more than a born American has been.. No, that wouldn't be enough..

To be honest with you I don't see why would you care if i was a citizen or a permanent resident. The issue is to right to live and work in USA. It's not like we are getting handed these GCs left and right.. What are the number of GC holder pilots? What are the # of pilots who are going into aviation by ERAUs, UNDs and ATPs with the potential of making money and meeting hot chicks..

Compared to Ch.11 declaring airlines that are getting wage concessions, giving more flying to regionals, sending more airplanes to Honduras for mx work, I'd say few hundered of us are doing nothing to take the industry down..

But then again, we are easy targets.. so start shooting..

8AF said:
Why should natural born citizens be given priority?
Hiring decision should be based on ability and merits.
That's why we have sim evaluation and knowledge test in interviews.

That's because he's a native american, just like everyone else on this board;)

Nothing wrong with immigrants, but learn how to speak English. And feel free to take advantage of the opportunities in your own country, like the airlines that are blacklisted/ banned by the European Union.

Flyingdutchman said:
I made more $$ flying my (super ;) ) king air 16 days a month then pipejockey flying his SJS CRJ 80 hours a month.

Why does everyone insist on calling me an rj pilot? Well most of the people in this thread are from abroad, maybe they need to brush up on their reading skills

flyingdutchman said:
If we would have closed the U.S. border to white Christian Europeans years and years ago, there would not have been a pipejockey at flightinfo right now. I promise you though (if that makes you feel any better) that I will move to Canada as soon as they elect hillary for president.

Get real dude! When the country had far fewer people we needed those from abroad to come here and populate the country and make it what it once was, a great place to live your life and engage in ones pursuit of happiness. It still is the greatest place in the world, although a far cry from what it once was, due to the disasterous and liberal policies of our government over the past 50 years.

And based on your statement about that wretched witch, we may not be that different after all. Can't we all just get along:bawling:?

ReportCanoa said:
learn how to speak English. And feel free to take advantage of the opportunities in your own country, like the airlines that are blacklisted/ banned by the European Union.

This gentleman addresses the above problem with an eloquence I don't have, so check out this short clip.
http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/video_disp.asp?videoid=1263

Beech_boy said:
We should have the same rules here that other countries have.

We do.
I would suggest some research before you post.
As my dad used to say "engage brain before placing mouth in gear"

pipejockey said:

And based on your statement about that wretched witch, we may not be that different after all. Can't we all just get along:bawling:

No doubt in my mind we can. Let me know when you get to my home town on a overnight, I'll be more then happy to buy you a few beers.

FD

Flyingdutchman said:
No doubt in my mind we can. Let me know when you get to my home town on a overnight, I'll be more then happy to buy you a few beers.

FD

Why thank you!:)

Latest resources

Back