• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA and Greencards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on pipejockey and beech boy say someting or does your kkk aviation assoc forbid it,

Flyingdutchman said:
Are you just stupid or am I just smart?

Have you seen gas prices lately?? Or what it costs to pay for your JAA licenses compared to your FAA tickets? Why would any American want to go to flight training in the UK?

Great question there buddy.....

No I am not. Just pointing out that all you guys come over here looking for the promised land because you are too cheap to pay for it in your own portion of the world. You come here, get your license cheaper than at home and try to compete in our y-o-b market. You don't see it the other way around becasue to work for Ryanair, Easyjet and various other you mentioned an American not only needs JAA license but also a right to work visa. Most of those are very stringent and yet the same standard is not applied to Oly from sfeeeeden when he turns up on the doorstep of some carrier in the US.

What does this mean?
Posted by 32LT10: y-o-b market
Did you mean job market?

Posted by 32LT10: You don't see it the other way around becasue to work for Ryanair, Easyjet and various other you mentioned an American not only needs JAA license but also a right to work visa. Most of those are very stringent and yet the same standard is not applied to Oly from sfeeeeden when he turns up on the doorstep of some carrier in the US.

Are you just a little hard headed or just plain stupid? It works the same way the other way around! Do you really believe that "Oly from Sfeeeeden" can just come over and work for any US carrier without holding a valid FAA License and a US work visa? Off-course that's not the case. You need to re-read your FAR/AIM buddy and then read up on immigration policies and procedures. For legal immigrants, US immigration policies and procedures are just as stringent if not more so than the EU's.

Just like an American desiring to work for one of the carriers you mentioned above needs to obtain a JAA License and a work visa, Europeans and others desiring to work for a US carrier, need to obtain a FAA License and a US work visa.

What's the difference man! Did I miss something?

Last edited:
1013dot25hPa said:
What's the difference man! Did I miss something?

The US's policy is much more liberal in giving visas to fur'ners than the EU or the Aussies. The road is paved here for u-s-e-s guys.

dude, you got no clue :) haha thanks for the good laugh.. im out.

FD

32LT10 said:
No I am not. Just pointing out that all you guys come over here looking for the promised land because you are too cheap to pay for it in your own portion of the world. You come here, get your license cheaper than at home and try to compete in our y-o-b market. You don't see it the other way around becasue to work for Ryanair, Easyjet and various other you mentioned an American not only needs JAA license but also a right to work visa. Most of those are very stringent and yet the same standard is not applied to Oly from sfeeeeden when he turns up on the doorstep of some carrier in the US.

You refer to immigrants as "...being too cheap to pay for it in your own portion of the world.."

This was a debate you were losing quite rapidly until this last post and now its really a case of the rest of us reading and sighing in pity.

Ok so let me think of some entities that are as American as apple pie..here we go:

The Office of the President of the united States

USMC

US Army

The Boeing Co.

Is the USMC "...too cheap...in their world"...because they selected a European helicopter to transport the President of the US of A

Is the US Army "too cheap...in their world..." because they just ordered hundreds of European Light Utility Helicopters.

Is Boeing "...too cheap...in their world..." because they have paid Japanese heavy industries to manufacture the composite for the 787. And paid EVA of Taiwan to convert their 747 to carry the components across the Pacific.

Obviously the above are a few basic (did'nt think you could handle a non-aviation) examples of what goes on by the billions day in and day out in the world.

FD is right this is just comedy at this stage.

Let me leave you with an honorable thought.

E Pluribus Unum.

Respectfully,

fareview

I don't think anyone is saying that Delta, or even Trans States could sponsor a pilot for a work visa. However, you guys are getting them though some route, correct? Edited to Add: Certain roads to citizenship are more difficult than others. I've heard of people being granted spousal green cards in a matter of months. Kudos to you sticking though a difficult system and utterly broken bureaucracy.

My personal issue with greencard pilots (vs. naturalized citizens) is that it is a easy, non-discrimitory way to start to limit the number of pilots in the US. The only way for pilot wages to return to a living level, especially in the 135 world, with any kind of structural stability is limit the number of pilots in the system.

Now personally, I'd love to see JAA level exams come to the United States. I can study and would probably pass them. Those exams in Europe do nothing for safety, but they are an excellent way to limit entrance into a profession. As a result, aviation is still an excellent job in most of the rest of the world. While we're at it, I'd like to see a much more rigourous medical exam (how about a height/weight proportionate section) and a 121 requirement for 3000 hrs. of turbine time for PIC of a 121 jet.

My issue isn't chauvanism. I'm married to the daughter of immigrants. They are Hollywood Central Casting Immigrants. Hardworking, dependable, patriotic. My issue is defending a profession while we still have one to defend.

Last edited:
Gee I am away for a few days and the insults just keep adding up. Just go over all these posts and see what side is throwing around the personal insults and name calling. Yes it's those pesky foreigners!!! They do not support anything this country try's to do abroad (except of course when my ancestors are spilling blood and dying overseas to bail their sorry asses out of WWI and WWII) but of course thats ancient history, what have you done for me lately I suppose.

So for all those pro immigration people, try looking at a population growth curve, it's an exponential curve. When do you suggest we close the borders? At a population of 500 mil? 1 billion? So when? Talk about foreign bigots, some of you here fit that profile to a tee. And yes it is possible for a foreigner to be a bigot, as hard as it is for some of you zealots to believe, and you all reek of the stench of bigotry.

Ace –

I knew you would have some brains. Thanks for your post. As far as lowering the bar… I made 4800 bucks a month as a BE-200 SIC (corp. P91 and charter 135) and 5800 as a PIC a month. Not bad for a 22 y/old. Please let me know what I can do to stop lowering the bar at the 135 level! :)

Piper –

If we would have closed the U.S. border to white Christian Europeans years and years ago, there would not have been a pipejockey at flightinfo right now. I promise you though (if that makes you feel any better) that I will move to Canada as soon as they elect hillary for president.

Ok, Ill be trying to stay out of this now, but it’s funny to see how the anti European division out here has 0% good points to make.

Gotta go, my 100% blond petit American girlfriend is waiting for her Euro bf to pick her up and buy dinner. The whole “going Dutch” theory doesn’t work in the new country I guess ;).

You guys have a great night.
FD.

Latest resources

Back