Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
180ToTheMarker said:
Let's hope the mainline.

Why is that? What is mainline anyway? Do you realize that now thanks to ALPA brand scope that when you buy a Delta ticket you could be on one of 9 different carriers.

Delta
Song
Comair
ASA
Skywest
Shuttle America
Mesa
shiiitty Taco
American Eagle

Mainline is Delta and Song.

Why you should want them at mainline is so that you don't take away another higher paying job. 90 seats at regionals......uff....you gonna have a 50-70-90 seat "blended rate?"

AV8700 said:
Why is that? What is mainline anyway? Do you realize that now thanks to ALPA brand scope that when you buy a Delta ticket you could be on one of 9 different carriers.

Delta
Song
Comair
ASA
Skywest
Shuttle America
Mesa
shiiitty Taco
American Eagle

Delta is Song. Delta pilots fly those, so there is no scope issue there.

To all others, the rates that have been proposed by the comapny to the Delta pilots for the 100 seat jet are less than Comair rates, so now they are now at regional rates. Why funnel them off to the lowest bidder?

Last edited:
:eek:Yeah, if the mainline pilots take that new pay scale for the 100 seaters, they might as well be at a regional! Hope that does not happen!

Whatever

Baronman said:

Why you should want them at mainline is so that you don't take away another higher paying job.

Kind of like those higher paying jobs at USAir and JetBlue???
I´m all for those airplanes to go to mainline just make sure they are mainline rates. (Shouldn´t be less than the highest paid airline of same equipment)

What?

Why funnel them off to the lowest bidder? Especially high CASM regional airplanes.

So what you are telling me is that they will be LOW CASM if mainline flys them. OK, I get it now. :confused:

Baronman said:

Why you should want them at mainline is so that you don't take away another higher paying job.

I don't want to argue about who should have them and who should not. However, having them at mainline does NOT mean a higher paying job. In fact it is a lower paying job than serveral regionals now operating 70-seat equipment.

Delta proposed to pay a 12-year captain 88.26. U/AWA have a TA on the table that pays 78.57 - 98.58 for a 1 yr to 12 yr captain, and its a 10-year contract that starts out with a 4-yr freeze. Jet Blue has a pay scale of $71 (1 yr) to 89 (12 yr). This is all for the E-190 which is a 106 seat aircraft.

Regardless of who gets the airplane, I would not call it a "higher paying" job at mainline. If fact if the two outstanding deals are closed, what you really have is the mainline pilots underbidding the regional pilots to get this airplane.

On top of that, if these proposals and TA's are approved, the "mainline" will have no retirement plan, no 401K match, and work rules no better than the good regionals and in several cases they are not as good.

Times have changed my friend; you need to stay updated.

These long thread debates on issues like this are almost comical. The higher ups that make the decisions on who will/might get these a/c don't read these msg boards and if they did, would probably get a good laugh out of it. The fact is that what mainline drivers want and what the regional drivers want is irrevelant. They will go to whomever can fly the most a/c for the lowest cost.
In bankrupcy, scope is out the window with a header and a twist...

Fly Safe...:cool:

And so it starts at ASA...The standard Skywest management approach...If you could just trust us, you too could be flying a 90 seater. Help us create a "different" kind of company and you won't regret it...Yeah, right!

Here's a reality check:

A senior ASA Captain: $120 per hour.

A senior SKW Captain: $94 per hour.

Who's going to get the flying? Jeezzz, I don't know...

Latest resources

Back